Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: 10 Years on Staff for DWx! Reply with quote

Hello,

Thank you for visiting KarateForums.com.

May 16 marked 10 years that DWx (Danielle) has been a member of our staff here at KarateForums.com. I wanted to allow the community to have some time with ninjanurse's exit from the team before celebrating Danielle's milestone, so that each would hopefully receive the attention it deserves. I hope that you will join me in congratulating Danielle on this impressive mark.

On KarateForums.com, you are primarily judged by what you contribute to the community. We generally don't know what you look like, where you're from, how old you are or anything like that, unless you self-disclose to us and then, at that point, we are going by your word. For this reason, in online communities like this, teenagers and young adults have the opportunity to become some of the most valued members. Whereas, if we were all in a room together, their opinion or knowledge might be disregarded or assumed to be of lesser value, simply because they looked younger. Over the years, we have had amazing contributions from all age groups, from teenagers to senior citizens. We've had all ages on our staff, as well.

When Danielle joined our community, she was a teenager, around the same age as me when I started this community 16 years ago. But from the beginning, it was clear that she was special. She joined on January 17, 2007, became the Member of the Month for April and was invited to the staff in May. We have threads here where people say that teenagers shouldn't be this, that and the third. They shouldn't hold this rank, they aren't mature enough for this. In the midst of discussions like these, Danielle has always set a high standard for all members of this community, regardless of age, to follow.

Then and now, I think of her as an outstanding example for all of us. Someone who not only brings knowledge to the table and freely shares it, but also pursues knowledge from other members and is always respectful. The consistent thought and consideration that goes into her posts is incredible and something that has no doubt helped (at least) tens of thousands of people through her posts here alone.

On staff, Danielle has this amazing level of attention-to-detail that she brings to the table, where she notices the small things and makes sure they are accounted for. That's incredibly important to me, as we strive to make sure that, when it comes to moderation and member content, we don't just get it sort of right or right most of the time but, in the end, as correct as possible, all the time. I feel incredible gratitude to have someone of Danielle's quality and character on our team.

In honor of Danielle's milestone, as with the two staff members who reached this mark before her (ninjanurse and bushido_man96), we sent Danielle a physical award as a token of our appreciation for her contributions here. Here's what it looks like:

Danielle, thank you for being such an important part of our community. Thank you for the outstanding contributions that you have made, both as a member and a staff member, and for the careful approach that you have taken with the responsibilities that you have had as a moderator. I am grateful for your friendship and support over the years.

Sincerely,

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

mazzybear
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Wado Kai

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Danielle!! Massive milestone to reach. Always good to read your posts and opinions!!

Mo.

italian_guy
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Formerly in Goju ryu karate (Nidan) now in Wing chun with past experience also in krav Maga, Kickboxing, Tai chi chuan (yang) and JKD.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations from a new/old member.

Wastelander
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shorin-Ryu, Shuri-Ryu, Judo, KishimotoDi

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for all the work you put in here on the forums, Danielle!
Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera
Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Zaine
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Matsumura-Seito, Shobayashi-Ryu, Shudokan, Long Fist, American Street Karate, Southern Mantis, HEMA

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so great to have you with us Danielle. Thank you for everything you do!

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

tallgeese
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Bujin Bugei Jutsu, Gokei Ryu Kempo Jutsu, MMA, Shootfighting, boxing, kickboxing, JKD, Pekiti Tersia Kali

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on a great milestone, and even more so the valuable insight and experience you bring to this community! Thank you for all that you do.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Danielle, on reaching that amazing milestone, through and through!! I've always respected you across the board!! You still mentor so many here, past and present, including me, and your knowledge across the board is invaluable!!

Thank you for all that you've done, are doing, and will be doing here at KF!!

It's a beautiful award, one that you rightly deserve, as did Heidi and Brain!! Thank you three for everything you've all done here!!

jdash
KF VIP

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the amazing milestone! What an awesome display of dedication to this community.

DWx
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Tae Kwon Do & Yang family Tai Chi

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the kind words all

You're all great

Nidan Melbourne
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Styles: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, Balintawak Arnis

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Danielle! Well deserved
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: