Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:35 am    Post subject: 10 Years on the KarateForums.com Staff for bushido_man96! Reply with quote

Hello,

Thank you for visiting KarateForums.com.

July 31 marks 10 years since Brian Walker (better known as bushido_man96) joined our staff.

This is a rare milestone. Not just for our community, but for online communities in general. Having someone as a member of staff for a decade is demonstrative of an intense commitment to the community. We've been fortunate enough to have it happen once before, with Heidi Wilmott (ninjanurse), and Brian becomes the second staff member to reach this mark.

Brian's contribution within our community, in his 10+ years of being a member, has been immense. Let's start with his more than 26,000 posts. He was the first member to reach 25,000 and numbers like that can be deceptive, but in Brian's case, they aren't, because his posts represent a mix of encouragement, helpfulness, inquisitiveness, personal growth and fun conversation.

Once in a while, I'll have a conversation with a veteran member of our community, where I explain that how they participate is how the next wave of new members will participate. The many great, longstanding voices in our community have the opportunity to guide newer members and reinforce the values that we share in our community. Brian exemplifies these efforts, and has set an amazing example for others to follow through his incredible legacy in our community.

As a staff member, Brian has been an active, deeply engaged part of an incredibly strong team. These efforts that few people know about, behind the scenes, help to keep KarateForums.com headed in the right direction. He has served as a helpful hand to fellow staff members, and his support and loyalty to me and to this community is something that I am deeply grateful for.

Brian is a true believer in this community and its potential. How many people has Brian's presence drawn into our community? How many people has he helped and made feel welcome? It's not a small number.

I believe that this why the community has recognized Brian so broadly through the KarateForums.com Awards. No one has been nominated more than Brian - that's 36 times - and Brian has the second most award honors, with 13.

Brian, thank you. Thank you for being such a thoughtful contributor within our community. Thank you for being a kind, helpful presence for members, staff and for me. Your enthusiasm and loyalty for this community is self-evident, and I deeply appreciate it.

In recognition of this milestone, on behalf of KarateForums.com, it is my honor to present you with a physical token of our appreciation for everything that you have brought to this community. It will arrive on Monday, and I will post a picture of it after you receive it, as I want you to be the first person to see it. When you look at it, I hope that you are reminded of the fond memories you have made within our community, in addition to the ones that we'll make moving forward.

Please join me in congratulating Brian on this incredible milestone, and sharing your thoughts on what he has brought to KarateForums.com.

Sincerely,

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Zaine
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Matsumura-Seito, Shobayashi-Ryu, Shudokan, Long Fist, American Street Karate, Southern Mantis, HEMA

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Brian. It's been great to have you. Here's to another 10!

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Seido Juku

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Brian. Thank you for being a very big part of what makes this community the great place that it is.

DWx
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Tae Kwon Do & Yang family Tai Chi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge congratulations Brian. You're an integral part of KarateForums. Looking forward to the next 10

The Pred
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Goju Ryu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome ! Congrats

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Brian for reaching another milestone! What you've achieved is only a benchmark of how you're valued by each and every KF member, KF staff, and Patrick.

You've mentored me over the many years in ways that I can't begin to accurately detail, and/or express, but I've never taken your kindness, and especially your friendship, which I value above everything, lightly ever.

Here's to your being a KF Staff all of these 10 wonderful years! Here's to another 10 years, and then some!!

Nidan Melbourne
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Styles: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, Balintawak Arnis

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Brain for such amazing milestone

mazzybear
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Wado Kai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Brian. Fantastic milestone!!

Mo.

Lupin1
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Isshinryu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulation, Brian!

You've certainly helped me and many others grow in our martial arts journeys time and time again. Ten years of quality contributions! You should be very proud as I know we're all proud and honored to have you as one of our top members!

Wastelander
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shorin-Ryu, Shuri-Ryu, Judo, KishimotoDi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations and many thanks, Brian!
Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera
Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: