Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quinteros1963 wrote:
I've been away for a while so I want to find consistency again. Get back in shape and shake off the rust!
BTW I missed you all.

As we missed you too; welcome back quinteros1963!!

twistkick kid
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Tae Kwon Do, Shaolin Kempo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get to cross a couple of my goals off the list!

I earned my Yonkyu a couple weeks back. Debating either the August or December So Cal Test. Will have to see what my instructors say. Quite frankly, I'm even shocked they let me test for Yonkyu when I did due to only being 3.5 months post-major hip surgery.

I'm working on re-learning the basics and getting those solidified again. Some of the jumping kicks and rolls are a little challenging

I feel confident in Stature of the Crane, #3 Kata, and #5 Pinan. #5 Kata needs work, but I'm making improvements weekly in memory, ability to make it look "smooth" (not like I've forgotten what I was doing half way through and frozen), and understanding the Bunkai.

I finished the Shaolin Spear form I started learning back in July of 2016. Now that I know the pattern and I can do it reasonably well facing different directions, I want to perfect it for tournament so I can compete with it (or the Yin side to Two Man Bo Kata)

Found out the Tournament dates for the year. 21 May in San Francisco, 3 June in Irvine, and there's some dates TBA for November and December!

Almost 20 years of martial arts training in total

Safroot
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Kyokushin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ticked my first goal off the list as well by restarting my Kyokushin Karate training again but still the hard part of my goals which is continuing training and keeping up my enthusiasm.

ashworth
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Shotokan, IJR Karate, Iaido, Kobudo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ashworth wrote:
Still in the process of coming up with final goals but do have a couple that I know I want to do...

-get my fitness back up to what it used to be, that will include using the gym after work, going for runs, and possibly going on a diet! something I never thought I would have to do.

-get back into my Iaido.

-work on advertising to try and attract more students.

-expand my MA knowledge a little bit more, seeking out other instructors and places to train.

-Find more tournaments and get back competing.

First goal I'm well on my way to achieving, I have gone on a diet and nearly lost 2 stone bringing me down to just under 13stone. Have now started biking into work.

Second goal I'm fulfilling, visited a new Iaido dojo last week, start training there from tonight.

Haven't done too much advertising yet, just used facebook to promote a new class I have opened through the week and got about 5 new students through the door which I am really happy with.

considering we are only in march I'm quite pleased with what I have already done this year.

Train together, Learn together, Succeed together...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: