Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Spartacus Maximus
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shorin ryu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:24 am    Post subject: Age catching up or just lazy Reply with quote

Maybe it is a bit of both, but somehow for the last couple of months the little aches and pains from training seemed to hit all at once. Stiffness is terrible and soreness stubbornly lingers on for days at a time. Slowed down from nearly 14h/wk to about 2 or 3.

Lost over half of former flexibility and fluidity compared to earlier in the year. Feels like aging 10years in 4 months. Even others have noticed it, including the instructor. Worst condition ever felt since starting over karate almost 4 years ago. Next dojo training is going to hurt....[/code]

MasterPain
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Bujin Bugei Jutsu, Backyard Kali, Satsui no Hadou

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is that big of a change within a year, it's not age. Aging is gradual. If you were working out that much, you must be in decent shape and not lazy. I'd say give yourself a break for a few days and rest, just in case it's simply overtraining, and if you're not feeling better next workout, go see a doctor.

Nidan Melbourne
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Styles: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, Balintawak Arnis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That happens and since it is getting on in the year people start really feeling it irregardless of age and how often you train.

For instance i'm 24 and the aches + pains hit me last month. Mainly because I am so busy throughout the week; so it takes it toll on me physically and mentally.

tubby
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitley see a doctor. Might be nothing much but i went through similar symtpoms this year at 42. Very glad im not looking back at a worse outlook by failing to get things looked at.

Last edited by tubby on Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I call what you are feeling as the "snakes and ladders syndrome" We all can be subjected to it. You will bounce back, just takes positive mind over matter determination.

A recent injury or holiday can throw a person off track. Stress or anxietys work just as fell. Moving house or new job or relationship commitments. New baby on the way...

The weather has a very strong influence over our health and wellbeing. Your body could be adjusting to a new season.

A change in eating and sleeping habits could also have an effect on how you feel.

Start a fresh, with a new goal for yourself. Make it enjoyable and viable.

All the best

tubby
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Armstrong wrote:
I call what you are feeling as the "snakes and ladders syndrome" We all can be subjected to it. You will bounce back, just takes positive mind over matter determination.

this may well be the case, in my case it turned out to be cancer. Even after diagnosis the doctors said we did not expect to find this. the chances are low, very very low, but not 0. If its that sudden and no obvious cause, please go an discuss with a doctor.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always consult with your doctor first about personal health issue. This really goes without saying. I see a doctors of one type or another on a regular basis 3 or 4 times a month; more or less.

There are exceptions for everything. As adults we know this.
To make a statement or opinion then having to write that there are always exceptions, would start to seem pedantic to say the least. Still this is no excuse for my ignorance. I do sincerely apologize.

Sorry to hear about you bout with cancer, prey that this dreaded disease gets wiped off the face of the earth ASAP.

Also hope your are winning with your battle with cancer. All the best for you and your fight!

tubby
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Armstrong wrote:
I do sincerely apologize.

Sorry to hear about you bout with cancer, prey that this dreaded disease gets wiped off the face of the earth ASAP.

Also hope your are winning with your battle with cancer. All the best for you and your fight!

apology not needed but appreciated. It is a comfort at this time that I didn't cause extra issues by delaying. My outlook is good but I can imagine the turmoil if it was worse and I was thinking if only I'd done something sooner.

MasterPain
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Bujin Bugei Jutsu, Backyard Kali, Satsui no Hadou

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tubby wrote:
Alan Armstrong wrote:

this may well be the case, in my case it turned out to be cancer. Even after diagnosis the doctors said we did not expect to find this. the chances are low, very very low, but not 0. If its that sudden and no obvious cause, please go an discuss with a doctor.

This is why I said I'd see a doctor. Alan, you said that seeing a doctor goes without saying, but it really doesn't. I've been to a doctor twice in the last decade or so, usually when I do go, it's a case of "This could conceivably have the potential to kill me." A visit to a doctor, if they do ANYTHING is a half week's pay for me. Any drastic change in the body can, but when a person just feels weak and tired, they may not think a whole lot of it. But if it goes on for a while, it should be a concern. I'm stubborn and many are much more so than me. Tubby, I hope you stay well. Cancer is an awful trial even in the best cases.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: