Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> BJJ, Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido, and Grappling Martial Arts
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Drew
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Boxing, Muay Thai, Sub Wrestling, Tai Chi, MMA, Medieval, Extreme Reaction Combat Scenarios (This is not a drill) Judo, formerly Mishima Style Karate

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:00 pm    Post subject: Analysis Video Reply with quote

Thought I'd try my hand at an analysis video in the same vein as Lawrence Kenshin or BJJ Scout's stuff. I dug around on my hard drive to find any footage that might share a theme so I could learn the video editing software I have, this is what I came up with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqfKnFuMfBA

Let me know what you think.

Wado Heretic
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Wado-Ryu , Kobayashi Shorin-Ryu (Kodokan), RyuKyu Kobojutsu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rule 1: Never use colloquialisms.

Main complaint: The music. The electronic detracts some what from the experience of watching the video. Electronic music could work, just someting more energetic and less up beat perhaps.

Needs consistency on how you present your commentary; either always place it in a box, or leave it imposed against the video.

Let the footage play longer to better demonstrate what you are discussing. However, the analysis is sound, and over all the illustration of points and the devices used to help facilitate the explanations are good.

A Rarely Used Blog:
An Uncertain Path

Montana
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Shorin Ryu Matsumura Kenpo & Kobudo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm certainly no expert at this (my youngest son is however and does TV shows for a living), but I had to keep hitting pause to allow me to read the script and then look at what it was referring to. Otherwise I'd never be able to keep up with it.

And the music...personally, it would have been better with no music, rather than THAT music. lol

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

Drew
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Boxing, Muay Thai, Sub Wrestling, Tai Chi, MMA, Medieval, Extreme Reaction Combat Scenarios (This is not a drill) Judo, formerly Mishima Style Karate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montana wrote:
...I had to keep hitting pause to allow me to read the script and then look at what it was referring to. Otherwise I'd never be able to keep up with it.

And the music...personally, it would have been better with no music, rather than THAT music. lol

It occurred to me during editing that I don't really know how fast people read. I tried to err on the long side but still didn't get it apparently. The plan for future ones is to narrate them, we'll see how that works out.

As for the music, didn't know people hated 8 bit stuff that much. Royalty free and all that. I felt like having music made the cuts seem less abrupt, and something was better than nothing.

Thanks for the input.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using royalty free, right cleared or Creative Commons music is definitely the way to go. Not bad at all. The main thing I would say focus on is just the text, making it readable and leaving enough time to read it. You'll get there.

Thanks,

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

abulbashar
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Smartness

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject: Your video is not working Reply with quote

This video contains content from UFC, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> BJJ, Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido, and Grappling Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: