Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

chrissyp
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Muay Thai/ Shotokan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:02 pm    Post subject: Any Enshin Karateka? Reply with quote

Of all martial arts of the stand up verity, i'm most intregued by Enshin. Only problem there is no Enshin schools in my area

I was wondering who has been trained in this style, if anyone can give their thoughts and opinions of it?

And since their is no schools in my area, if anyone knows of a good book/website/DVD that could teach me a lot of the principles, like with the use of "sabaki" and their fighting techniques.

Spodo Komodo
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Wado Ryu, Shotokan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The book is Sabaki Method by Joko Ninomiya, I have an old edition and it explains the principles of Enshin Karate and a couple of the kata. They seem a secretive bunch though, I only found out recently that there was an Enshin Karate class in the next village to me which closed down through lack of members, they could have had five more if they had advertised! Apparently there was a poster on the door of the school hall but as I am not in the habit of visiting primary schools on the off chance I didn't see it. My advice is to email another Enshin club, not necessarily near you and see if they can put you in touch with someone.

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Seido Juku

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to check out Enshin. It really intrigues me. I don't have any dojos anywhere near me either though. Seems like a very intelligent, practical, and well rounded take on karate.

chrissyp
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Muay Thai/ Shotokan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JR 137 wrote:
I'd love to check out Enshin. It really intrigues me. I don't have any dojos anywhere near me either though. Seems like a very intelligent, practical, and well rounded take on karate.

thats how I feel. I feel it would be the most effective forum of karate. I'd give up muay thai to learn it! But alas, not even Kyokushin in my area

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Seido Juku

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyokushin and especially Enshin don't have a big web/advertising presence for some reason. Mane because they get tired of people coming in, seeing that it's not light contact and leaving. You've got to look for them, they don't come looking for you.

Perhaps email the Enshin honbu or other dojo and ask if there's anyone remotely close to you?

Dani_001
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Okinawa Goju-Ryu Karatedo Kyokai

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ChrissyP,

I know Ur post is relatively old, but did you find our way?

If not, have you tried Ashihara Karate? Enshin is an offshoot of Ashihara so the formats of the kata aren't the same, but similar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: