Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great answers. I am impressed with explanations about using Chi. My take on the subject my differ as I specialize on this topic. For me "Chi Power" differs from "Muscle Power" MP= Pushing or Pulling. CP= Movement or Concentrated Energy using the entire body like modern dancers move. Having tension in movement is counterproductive. Tension used in the very last second when striking is the most common thing to do in external MA. In internal MA we tend to get conditioned to never be tense even when striking an object; having said that it is used minimally when we "Pung" or use a bouncing type technique. The Muay Tai kick is in fact a Chi Kick because it follows through the target without using the stopping tension that other styles use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: