Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Seido Juku

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DWx wrote:
Not used a BOB but have had a Wavemaster XXL at our dojang, got broke when one of the men roundhoused it hard enough to snap the inner core.

Though I haven't used one I'd lean more to the BOB because to me it seems more realistic and allows use to work a greater variety of techniques. If you're concerned about durability, I do know people who put the TKD chest protectors on BOB. Might help protect him a bit.

The TKD vest is a great idea if it starts to break down. Thanks a lot!

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LLLEARNER wrote:
JR 137 wrote:
LLLEARNER wrote:
Outslayer does make a bag weight that does attach to the bottom of a double ended bag. However, it won't solve your problem. I just hung my Outslayer. Fortunately my basement it tall enough. I was considering using some 4x4's or 6x6's lag bolted between the floor joists to gain a few extra inches. It might work for you.

Duct work, pipes and electrical all prevent that stuff in the areas where I'd have enough room to move around the bag. A bag stand would work had it not been for the aforementioned stuff too.

The basement just wasn't designed to hang a bag. If I could knock down a supporting brick wall near the back, it would be perfect:)

Knock out that supporting wall. Who needs a standing house when there are bags to hang?

I was thinking the same thing while staring down the wall. I was contemplating punches, kicks, or sledgehammer. Then I went upstairs to get a drink and realized my wife and daughters need a house to live in. Back to the old drawing board.

If I didn't have to coexist, it would be hanging from the support beam in the living room. I could move the couch over and hit it while watching Fighting Black Kings.

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
The BOB, well, I've tried it, I didn't like it, but I give it a chance. First thing I didn't like was that the likeness to its physical appearance doesn't give the student, imho, the same feeling nor the same targets as a live sparring partner might offer. NO ARMS...NO LEGS...totally missed the mark, imho, it might as well have just stayed as a Wavemaster!!

I think they listened to your complaints...

http://www.centurymartialarts.com/mobi/training-bags/century-versys-vsbob

It won't make an appearance at my house for $500 any time soon though.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JR 137 wrote:
sensei8 wrote:
The BOB, well, I've tried it, I didn't like it, but I give it a chance. First thing I didn't like was that the likeness to its physical appearance doesn't give the student, imho, the same feeling nor the same targets as a live sparring partner might offer. NO ARMS...NO LEGS...totally missed the mark, imho, it might as well have just stayed as a Wavemaster!!

I think they listened to your complaints...

http://www.centurymartialarts.com/mobi/training-bags/century-versys-vsbob

It won't make an appearance at my house for $500 any time soon though.

About time someone listened to me!!

It's pricey, imho, however, our Hombu has 3 of them, without my approval, and with that many, I believe that our Hombu has gone beyond the experimental stage. Last time I was at the Hombu, I worked out with one, and I've mixed feelings about it; it was ok.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: