Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

chrisw08
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Shorin Ryu Matsumura Seito/ Kenshin Kan/ of Grandmaster Fusei Kise/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Can someone look at my kuk sool won? Reply with quote

I have been practicing different martial arts for 4 years and am OK at a variety of things. I have chosen to start kuk sool won and try to go up in belt ranks and try to get a black belt. I bought the basics and white belt dvd from master sims and going to practice that on my own for months before I start doing personal training from someone that lives an hour away so i can get used to it and learn a little before i start spending money. I will practicing on my own and would like to find someone that does kuk sool won to view my videos of what im doing on my own to see if its right. Anyone that could check them out as i go to verify they are pretty correct please comment and ill tell you my youtube channel it will probley be a while before i start posting vids but i would realy appreciate it.

Alpha One Four
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Karate (Various Styles), Kuk Sool Won, American Boxing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Can someone look at my kuk sool won? Reply with quote

chrisw08 wrote:
I have been practicing different martial arts for 4 years and am OK at a variety of things. I have chosen to start kuk sool won and try to go up in belt ranks and try to get a black belt. I bought the basics and white belt dvd from master sims and going to practice that on my own for months before I start doing personal training from someone that lives an hour away so i can get used to it and learn a little before i start spending money. I will practicing on my own and would like to find someone that does kuk sool won to view my videos of what im doing on my own to see if its right. Anyone that could check them out as i go to verify they are pretty correct please comment and ill tell you my youtube channel it will probley be a while before i start posting vids but i would realy appreciate it.

My Brother is a 1st Degree Black Belt in Kuk Sool. He taught me everything he knows. I have to tell you, the only way to really get it right is to practice with a partner or at a school. A mirror helps a little, but to get the joint locking, pressure points and all of the important things, you will just have to get in to a school.

I have read a lot of MA books and studied them well. I started at a dojo, and I had it all wrong. It wasn't far off, but it was enough to almost have to re-learn everything. The books, in my opinion, should be used for a supplement to what you have already learned. That is how I use mine now.

Remember this one thing even if you don't listen to anything else I have said: A belt is what holds your gi together. Your belt color means nothing when you get to a real fight. Those are the exact words coming from a 9th Dan Goju Ryu Master.

PS. I got In Hyuk Su's Autograph at a Kuk Sool Won tournament in '04 or '05. You couldn't meet a nicer man.

"It's not about who's right, but who's left" -Ed Parker

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sat at a table once eating breakfast with GM H. U. Lee of the ATA, and GM Bong Soo Han. If I would have had a brain in my head, I would have ran for a pen and paper...

Alpha One Four
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Karate (Various Styles), Kuk Sool Won, American Boxing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
I sat at a table once eating breakfast with GM H. U. Lee of the ATA, and GM Bong Soo Han. If I would have had a brain in my head, I would have ran for a pen and paper...

Autographs from martial arts masters definitely outrank those of hollywood stars in my opinion. Not in cash value, but in the memory. You definitely have a different feeling when meeting a true master. In Hyuk Suh really is.

"It's not about who's right, but who's left" -Ed Parker

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I have some autographs of some of the ATA masters in my ATA The Way books. Wished I'd had something for GM Han to sign.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: