Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

kara297
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Dojo and karma Reply with quote

I am trying to figure this thing out for many years, ive been practicing shotokan for 17 years and changed dojo a lot because of my job...however there is ONE place...that I feel such negative energy...however instructors are correcting me as nicely as everywhere else...this dojo also has another gymnasium..when we train in the other gymnasium I do not feel as bad...almost everytime I come home from this bad karma place I wonder why I go there...every other place is fine and I truly enjoy martial arts...so whats the point? Feng shui? Bad spiritn in the gymnasium? I dont get but it is truly intruiguing...anybody feels like this or help me before I give up...
c

MasterPain
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Bujin Bugei Jutsu, Backyard Kali, Satsui no Hadou

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intuition is often the subconscious mind picking up on subtle things your conscious mind doesn't quite get. If you have other places to go, go there.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really believe in karma, so I can't help you much with that. If you don't feel good about going there, then you should probably look into something else, just to help you feel better.

Agenda
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, look for something else if you think it would be better. Trust your heart.

Last edited by Agenda on Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total

still kicking
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Shito-ryu Karate, Muso Shinden Ryu Iaido

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are lucky to have several good options, and as others have said, train at the ones that don't make you feel bad! Who knows why it is, but it sounds like you've had this experience there over time, not just once or twice. I would not want to train somewhere with "bad vibes". Maybe it's just the paint job or something, but life is too short to try to figure it out, IMHO, especially when there are other options. Good luck!

evergrey
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: kyokushin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust your gut. It's what keeps you alive during a fight. It's what keeps your spirit healthy.

sojobo
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Wado-ryu Karate-do, Nihon Koryu Budo, Iaido, Kenjutsu, Traditional Jujutsu, Aiki-Jujutsu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Dojo and karma Reply with quote

kara297 wrote:
I am trying to figure this thing out for many years, ive been practicing shotokan for 17 years and changed dojo a lot because of my job...however there is ONE place...that I feel such negative energy...however instructors are correcting me as nicely as everywhere else...this dojo also has another gymnasium..when we train in the other gymnasium I do not feel as bad...almost everytime I come home from this bad karma place I wonder why I go there...every other place is fine and I truly enjoy martial arts...so whats the point? Feng shui? Bad spiritn in the gymnasium? I dont get but it is truly intruiguing...anybody feels like this or help me before I give up...
c

Is it because they are correcting you in a way you feel unfamiliar or uncomfortable with?

I've been training for 25 + years and yet I trained only last month at an instructors course and had to question a lot of things I was doing. I drove home feeling quite low, but on reflection the things I learnt were spot on and I have grown from the experience.

sojobo

http://www.karatedo.co.jp/wado/w_eng/e_index.htm

Lee M
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is program on chanell 4 right now all about buildings and how they affect our moods.

They prove that enviromment does affect our moods!

Montana
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Shorin Ryu Matsumura Kenpo & Kobudo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably dead bodies under the floor boards I bet.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

Dobbersky
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Black Tiger Ashihara Karate Jutsu, Japanese Kickboxing, Cheng Man Ch'ing TaiChi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee M wrote:
There is program on chanell 4 right now all about buildings and how they affect our moods.

They prove that enviromment does affect our moods!

Definately needs some Feng Shui going on.

Even just a change around of a few items in the dojo can make it more calming.

I wonder if you brought some Shakras to the Dojo and placed them in various places it would iron out the soul of the Dojo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: