Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

gronis
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Shotokan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject: Foot and hand timing in Kyokushin kihon Reply with quote

I'm 2nd kyu in Shotokan but have switched to kyokushin over the summer. Due to my previous karate experience they let me skip the beginners class so they don't explain the very basic stuff. Much is similar but I'm wondering if it's important to time the foot and hand to finish at the same time as it is in Shotokan while doing kihon with steps? I seem to have a hard time to manage that with kokutsu dachi and mawashi shuto uke. Am I supposed to?

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foot and hand work, imho, doesn't have to always start and end at the same time. Do whatever feels natural within any given situations because situations aren't always the same.

I must refer you back to your CI on this matter because the CI is the final authority.

gronis
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Shotokan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
Foot and hand work, imho, doesn't have to always start and end at the same time. Do whatever feels natural within any given situations because situations aren't always the same.

I must refer you back to your CI on this matter because the CI is the final authority.

Sure, but there's usually a "correct" way written down somewhere. Not timing them is something that you would get corrected for in JKA Shotokan. Was wondering about if it's a thing in Kyokushin as well. It's very similar but at the same time different from Shotokan kihon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: