Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick wrote:
Dolphins in the playoffs for the first time since 2008! From 1-4 to clinching in week 16. Wow. There are some happy people around here. 🐬 🏈 Thanks to the Chiefs for finishing that up for us!

Both the Dolphins and the Chiefs took care of business week 16; a win is a win!! But I don't envy that the Dolphins still have to face the Patriots, while the Chief have to only face the Chargers...good luck to both of your teams...both will be great games; two I don't want to miss!!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about them 13-2 Cowboys over the 9-6 Lions in Jerry's House!!

Back and forth...matching the other...tied at 21-21 at halftime!!

Lions were shut down in the 3rd and 4th quarters; Dallas defense did their job and then some. Turnovers...forced punts...coverage's kept...pressuring the QB...just doing some nice defense by the Cowboys.

All in all, the win for the Cowboys didn't happen without paying a price in the injury department...Anthony Brown and Tyron Smith...this might mean that the Cowboys MIGHT rest the current starters in next weeks game to the 6-9 Eagles in Philadelphia, who just happen to defeat the Giants, and I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not, but, it's up to the Cowboys!!

Bring on the Eagles...then bring on whomever in the playoffs...Cowboys are scared of any of them...not a bit...respectful...but not scared!!

GO COWBOYS!!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well..well..well...

Week 17...last of the regular season...

First, Cowboy update...

13-3...

As the Cowboys lost to the Eagles 27-13 in Philadelphia.

And because this game had the same impact as a pre-season game, Dak was only on the field for two drives, in which he lead the offense down the field, and to a field goal...that was the end of his day.

Then, the rumors were answered as Tony Romo took to the field. Romo hadn't been on the field since 2015...I groaned out loudly as he came onto the field. However, he took that experience and that knowledge to cap a 81 yard drive to the end zone for a TD. Romo looked relaxed and as the Romo of old!! I was happy for him, but I still don't want him on the field during the playoffs, and if we make it, I don't want him on the field for the Super Bowl.

Then came Mark Sanchez...from the Jets...and boy oh boy did he look like he hadn't got his share of snaps on the field for quite along time, except for practice snaps. He threw two interceptions...no TD...and he's to be our back up QB next year...scared to death, I am!!

And because this game was meaningless, not only did Dak see very little game time, but so didn't many other starters on the Cowboy roster. Maybe this is why the Eagles manhandled the Cowboys so decidedly so in a romp for the Eagle fans to enjoy...however, the Eagles beat the second stringers and NOT the starters.

Now, the Cowboys will enjoy their much deserved bye in the first week of the playoffs, and we won't see an opponent until January week of 14th-15th. Just who will that be?

Whomever wins between the Packers and the Giants. Either way...bring them on...we're not afraid of them!! Packers are on a small roll, and the Giants, well, they've earned our respect because they've beat us TWICE in the regular season.

I know that Patrick has to be loving it with his Dolphins making it to the playoffs via the wild card, just as Brian is tickled pink that his Chiefs earned 2nd seed and have to wait to see who wins the Raiders VS Texans match-up to then face his Chiefs. Hopefully, they both will speak about each of their teams chances during the playoffs. I look forward to reading their spin!! I will say this quickly...Dolphins VS Steelers...that will be a game right there!!

Until then...

GO COWBOYS!!

Lupin1
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Isshinryu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Patriots fan, all I can say is good season, especially after that crazy first four weeks. Looking forward to the post season.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lupin1 wrote:
As a Patriots fan, all I can say is good season, especially after that crazy first four weeks. Looking forward to the post season.

Your Patriots are STILL favored to go to AND win the Super Bowl over whomever!! You got to be loving that!!

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Bob.

I picked the Cowboys and, if they won, I would have won my family's football picks.

It's pretty clear the Dolphins are a big, big underdog. Watching with optimism.

Thanks,

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chiefs managed to get everything to go there way in week 17. Pulling out the division title is a big plus, especially in the hopes of getting Justin Houston healthy. Hopefully, with an extra week to prepare, Andy Reid can make something magical happen.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick wrote:
Congrats Bob.

I picked the Cowboys and, if they won, I would have won my family's football picks.

It's pretty clear the Dolphins are a big, big underdog. Watching with optimism.

Thanks,

Patrick

Thanks, Patrick!!

Sorry to see that the Steelers defeated your Dolphins; the final score underlined what you posted about the Dolphins being the "big, big underdog". However, if it helps you with the pain of that loss, you still must feel good about them being in the playoffs.

Until next year, right, Patrick!!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
The Chiefs managed to get everything to go there way in week 17. Pulling out the division title is a big plus, especially in the hopes of getting Justin Houston healthy. Hopefully, with an extra week to prepare, Andy Reid can make something magical happen.

Man, now you guys have to face the Steelers off their win over Patrick's Dolphins...this should be a great game. Good luck to you, and if you win against the Steelers, you'll have to face the Patriots for the AFC Championship, not a enticing task to uphold...but quite doable!!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, two weeks off can chill the flames of any teams engines, and dull the mission at hand, and rob the momentum quickly.

Bring on the Packers!! Even though the Packers nullified the Giants NYPD, aka, the New York Pass Defense. Rogers threw just to despise the Giants because they could...at will. Final score...38-13!! There's no reading between the lines on that at all.

So, now, the Packers have to come to Arlington, TX to try to silence the Cowboys, and that isn't going to be that simple of a task. Albeit, the Cowboys better be at the top of their game from whistle to the end to defeat Rogers and company. If not, well, they can climb into their expensive cars and drive home to lick their wounds, as best as they can!!

The Packers aren't use to the mobility that Dak possesses, and I already know that the Packers will be studying Dak and the entire Cowboy film to find any cracks in the Cowboys armor, and if it's there, the Packers will find it and capitalize on it.

So...

GO COWBOYS!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 76 of 100
Jump to: