Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well. We got crushed. Thanks Bob.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick wrote:
Oh well. We got crushed. Thanks Bob.
Yes, that was a rough one. The Steelers are a tall order. Unfortunately, KC got crushed by them earlier in the season, and Todd Haley returning to KC should be motivation enough for him and the offense.

Its going to be a tough game, but there is some good news. Spencer Ware and Justin Houston are both good to go for the game, and Houston's pass rush will be much needed. Ware's has been so consistent on offense, and his return will only help the likes of Travis Kelce, who will need to be huge, as well.

And Andy Reid has a really good run going against teams he plays when he has an extra week to prepare, so hopefully, this year, KC doesn't suffer from the bye-week blues.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the Falcons, Patriots, Chiefs and Cowboys this week. Agonized over the Cowboys/Packers game.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC and the Steelers are going to freeze, but I suppose they're use to it, but ICE, bbbrrrrrrrrrrrr!! My vote is for the Chiefs!!

Dolphins loss, for me, was unexpected; like Brain said, tough loss!!

Falcons dominated the Seahawks!

Patriots dominated the Texans!

Patriots now are waiting for either the Chiefs or the Steelers for the AFC Conference Championship in New England; winner of that goes to the Super Bowl.

Falcons are waiting for either the Cowboys or the Packers for the NFC Conference Championship; winner goes to the Super Bowl. If the Cowboys win, the Falcons will come to Arlington,TX, but if the Packers win, the Packers will go to Atlanta, GA. My prediction will be of no surprise to anyone here...the Cowboys WILL defeat the Packers!!

GO COWBOYS!!

Lupin1
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Isshinryu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
the Cowboys WILL defeat the Packers!!

Sorry Bob. It was a REALLY good game, though, and we were pulling for the Cowboys.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm shocked...beside myself...disappointed...etc in how the Cowboys went with this game. As usual, the Cowboys drop another playoff game!! What I saw, wasn't the Cowboys I've watched this season, figuring how to win, but that drive wasn't there.

Yes, it was a close game!! And that's it!!

Pre-Season records serve a purpose...vetting and trimming the roster for the Regular Season.

Regular Season records serve a purpose...Winning the division, obtaining seed position, and home field advantage in the playoffs.

However, those numbers mean absolutely mean nothing if you're eliminated in your first playoff game...right in and right out the door...season ending mistakes have plagued the Cowboys for a long time.

As I type this, the Chiefs are trailing the Steelers in the 4th quarter 18-10 with only 7:11 remaining in the game; good luck to Brian and his Chiefs.

Until next season...

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob, both our teams got bit this weekend. Although yours did play better. KC just can't win a home playoff game. Travis Kelce blew his lid again, which didn't help, and after that first drive, all other drives seemed to stall out with a penalty, or dropped pass, or some dumb reason. What a nightmare. So disappointed.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A patterns beginning to form much more solidly than anything, the Cowboys can't win a playoff game if their life depended on it. One day...one day!! Your Chiefs seem to have a knack of getting more into the playoffs, and this excites me even though I'm not a Chief fan.

GO COWBOYS!!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well oh well...the 51st Super Bowl is finally upon us; New England Patriots VS Atlanta Falcons inside of the NRG in Houston, TX, February 5, 2017!! Yeah, I'm as equally surprised as some of you might be because I predicted that this SB would be the Patriots VS Packers; however, that, as history would record, didn't occur. Oh well, what's one to do?!

The Patriots, as well as the Falcons dominated their respective opponents. Patriots VS Steelers...36-17, as with the Falcons VS Packers...44-21; pretty much identical scores with same desires.

Who's favorite to win SB51?? I've read that the Patriots are favored over the Falcons by 3 points, that's only a field goal, but to be perfectly honest, odds change as often as the weather. I've also read that the Patriots’ are -155, and the Falcons are +135 underdogs. In the next 2 weeks, one might need either a degree in Mathematics or an old Chinese Abacus to figure this one out, which isn't more impossible to figure out, as in any sporting event, than which shoe lace should I tie first...the left or the right.

Falcons are entering their only 2nd trip to the SB, with no titles as of yet to their credit. But on the other hand, the Patriots are returning to the SB for their 9th time, with 4 Championship titles to their credit; SB51, imho, should be either a shootout or so boring that watching paint dry would be much more entertaining. I myself vote for the shootout. If it's a shootout, this game score might be close to 60 points for one of these gladiators of the gridiron!!

Who'll win or who'll lose?? That will be determined between those two teams, and no one else!! I love to cheer on for the underdog, therefore, I'll be cheering on the Falcons this up and coming SB Sunday!!

Btw, an interesting statistic is, in the history of the SB, currently, the National Football Conference (NFC) leads the league with 26 wins to 24 wins for the American Football Conference (AFC); with that in mind, the Falcons have a chance, while it's a slim one, increase that to 27 SB wins; widening the thin margin between those two Conferences.

Good luck to both teams; may the best win!!

GO COWBOYS [Sorry, had to sign-off that way...that's my MO]

Lupin1
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Isshinryu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit, I'd really like a Patriot's win just to show the NFL that the four game suspension did nothing to stop us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 77 of 100
Jump to: