Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Bowl 51 is in the books...officially!! SB 51 was full of many firsts!! Before the game, former President George H. W. Bush performed the coin toss alongside his wife, Barbara...it was great to see them both doing well, and out of the hospital.

3 quarter of absolute boredom, followed by 1 quarter of on-the-edge-of-the-seat excitement, then followed by a very abrupt OT.

The Falcons, up to the 4th quarter, dominated the game. Brady rained 1 interception, and with that one rain drop, the Falcons took advantage, as they should. The Patriots didn't look like themselves at all; not even close!!

I, like millions of fans, thought that that game would be a drag out back and forth dog fight, but that wasn't to be. Falcons took control and more control and even more control over the game until I finally thought that something else has to be far much better on TV to watch then this Super Bowl.

1st quarter ended with the score 0-0; no big deal.
2nd quarter was a total different animal. Brady unraveled, or so it seems!! Falcons took over!!

21-3 at halftime in the Falcons favor!! What's going on!! This game reminded me of when the Seahawks demolished the Broncos during SB 49 with a score of 48-3. I thought to myself, is this going to be history repeating itself. I hope not because I wanted to see a great game. At the moment, the game was a let down.

However, I hung around! I was glad that I had!! WOW oh WOW oh WOW!! The WOW oh WOW was the halftime show!! Lady Gaga proved her dominance with her exciting and electric filled show...a shorter version of her normal shows. Her show started with her ON THE ROOF OF THE NRG STADIUM!! Then she was lowered to a tall stations, and then eventually to the stage. While Prince is considered having the #1 halftime show of them all, I sincerely believe that Lady Gaga blew him away to emerge the spot that Prince once, respectfully deserved, held. It was thought that Lady Gaga would use that worldwide stage to let her political opinions be known. But that never ever happened. She put on the halftime show of halftime shows, and earned with me, more respect for her artistry, and for herself. WAY TO GO LADY GAGA!!

Even though my WOW oh WOW was a bit premature, game wise, life slowly came back into Brady and the Patriots.

In the 3rd quarter, the Falcons scoring 7 points, and the Patriots scoring 6 points...score was now... with just over 8 minutes remaining in the 3rd quarter, the Patriots now trailed by 25 points...appearing that the Falcons would be firmly in the drivers seat. With that the Patriots answered back with a TD, but their extra-point kick missed when the ball hit the right goal post, and the 3rd quarter ended with the Falcons 28...Patriots 10.

4th quarter would end up being the Patriots swan song. Brady attacked!! And attacked!! And attacked, even more so!! But the Falcons were determined to stop the Patriots ability in closing the once 25 point deficit.

The clock was against the Patriots, but that deter Brady and company in doing what they do the best...come back, and come back they did.

Brady marched...Falcons didn't!! Falcons didn't score any points in the 4th quarter, and that, my friends, saved the Patriots. With the clock ticking away, and Patriots scored and scored, and scored 19 unanswered points. Then came the 2-minute warning!! Patriots hit pay dirt with a TD. But even with that last regulation TD for the Patriots, and an extra point kick would've still not been enough to catch up to the stalled Falcons.

The score, Falcons 28, the Patriots 26; Patriots need a 2 point conversion to tie the game, and send them to OT. Conversion made!! But there was still enough time for the Falcons to try to drive close enough for a field goal. NOPE!! The Falcons failed to do so.

First Super Bowl OT game ever!!

Patriots won the coin toss, and elected to receive the ball. Brady threw 4 complete passes...one run...an incomplete pass, which drew a pass interference call, allowing the Patriots first-and-goal...another incomplete pass in the end zone that was nearly picked off by the Falcons...one pitch...and the Falcons were there to stop the run, but with tenacity, and determination, the ball breached the goal line, giving the Patriots, and Brady, their 5th SB ring.

Brady dropped to his knees, overwhelmed, head in hands, crying!!

Final score of SB 51...Patriots 34..Falcons 28!!

To the Falcons...I tip my hat to them without reservations...they fought but were out fought by the most dangerous QB in the NFL. Falcons have a talented and young team; they'll be back in the playoffs next year, and who knows, maybe they'll win SB52 in Minnesota next year.

This win gave Brady his 5th SB Ring and his 4th SB MVP!! Not bad for a career!!

NFL Commissioner, Roger Goodell, did shake hands with Tom Brady at the conclusion of the game, however, this was done on the field and not on the podium in front of the world.

Congratulations to the entire Patriots organization as well as its fans; well deserved win!!

GO COWBOYS!!

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Seido Juku

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Brady's the best QB in the history of the NFL. I've thought that for quite some time. Last night was proof that the game is never over so long as he's on the field.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wholeheartedly concur with you!! Brady proved himself to me that exactly same thing, it's not over as long as he's on the field: the most dangerous QB in the NFL!!

I wonder if he'll consider retiring while he's on top of the world; what a way to end ones career...and the best in the game ever!!??

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Seido Juku

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the feeling he's got a few more seasons in him.

I'm not a Pats fan nor a Brady fan, but I'd hate to see him in another uniform like Favre, Manning, et. al. Something just rubs me the wrong way about that stuff, but hey, it's not like I get to decide what anyone else does and should do. I'm a fan of if you've played a storied career in one place, you finish your career there. Unless of course the management does some some shady stuff to you.

Not that I think that's realistically on the table, but stranger things have happened.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JR 137 wrote:
I have the feeling he's got a few more seasons in him.

I'm not a Pats fan nor a Brady fan, but I'd hate to see him in another uniform like Favre, Manning, et. al. Something just rubs me the wrong way about that stuff, but hey, it's not like I get to decide what anyone else does and should do. I'm a fan of if you've played a storied career in one place, you finish your career there. Unless of course the management does some some shady stuff to you.

Not that I think that's realistically on the table, but stranger things have happened.

Solid post, and I wholeheartedly agree with you!!

Btw, I'd love to see Romo in ANOTHER UNIFORM; the sooner the better, imho!!!!

Lupin1
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Isshinryu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the most AMAZING THING EVER!!!!!!

I was upset and just like "pfftt whatever... stupid superbowl...." for the first three quarters. Our friend who came over to watch went home after halftime and my boyfriend went upstairs to take a shower at the beginning of the 4th quarter.

And then.... AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I'll never forget that game.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, its a bit late digging this up, but let's check in and see how things are going!

The Chiefs have been inconsistent. The offense has been putting up numbers, but the defense has been porous at times, and quite frustrating to watch. If anything keeps the Chiefs from winning in the playoffs this season, it'll be that defense.

How's everyone else feeling about their team!?

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally, I report a lot of things that are NFL here, but for some reason, I've lost the drive to do so this season...Sorry!!

My poor Cowboys have been kidnapped by aliens or something because the team that was on the fields last year have gone missing!! The replacements have tried to play, but they've failed.

No playoff hopes!! About mid season, the Cowboys needed to win ever single game to be wild card hopeful!! However, the Cowboys have not lost a game since then. But the last two games of the season will drive the nails into their coffin, for sure!!

First the Seahawks!! They've helped by losing some they shouldn't have, welcome to the NFL. We face them December 24th!! We've not done so good against the Seahawks, as history will stand. This game against the Seahawks...the Cowboys will lose that one!!

Then to end the regular season, we've the Eagles. Only two teams have beaten the Eagles this year, and the Cowboys weren't one of them!! This rivalry goes along way back, and with the ways the Eagles are playing this year...the Cowboys will lose to the Eagles, as well.

The Cowboys need to win the Seahawks for sure, and to beat the Eagles would be the icing on the cake, and secure them a wild card. But the Cowboys of lately, when it comes to be the playoffs, well, the Cowboys are a 1-and-out team.

Yes, I love my Cowboys, but real is real, and I have faith in the real and now!!

GO COWBOYS!!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboys lost a must win against the Seahawks 21-12!! The Cowboys face the Eagles for the regular season ending, which I'm pretty sure that the Eagles will win that one, as well; just being real!!

Now the Cowboys can watch the playoffs on the TV!!

Another frustration season, but there's next year!! Try it once again to return to the glory days of winning a Super Bowl.

::sighs::

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that the Cowboys were eliminated. That stinks, Bob.

KC on the other hand, has finally won some games and they clinched their playoff berth by clinching their division, and for the first time in team history have one back-to-back AFC West division titles. Now, with the playoff game locked up, KC has announced that they will sit Alex Smith and start Patrick Mahommes against the Broncos this Sunday. It will be fun to see what kind of potential he has.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 78 of 100
Jump to: