Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

bill smith 247
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Free Karate Downloads and Ebooks? Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

New karateka (6 months training in Shotokan) and new to this group. I’ve really enjoyed looking at all the stuff on this site! I’ve also been surfing the web looking for “free stuff” which will help me to develop my karate knowledge. I’ve found some good free downloads on all aspects of karate at www.karatetips.com and some good free e-books on the kata applications (bunkai?) and applied karate at www.ianabernethy.com and I was wondering if there are any other good downloads / free e-books that others could recommend?

Thanks,

Bill

AngelaG
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I hope this isn't against the rules and I accept if it is that my post may be wiped.

Try out my site Karate Resource for some free downloads and eBooks, articles etc. We put new stuff on pretty much every week!

http://www.karateresource.com
Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum

bill smith 247
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that! Some great e-books you've got there! Was very impressed with the free pressure points download. Thanks for heping furhter my understaning of karate.

longarm25
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Shorin Ryu, Ryu Kyu Te

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some cool sites worth a look

"Do not be dependent on others for your improvement. Pay respect to God and Buddha
but do not reley on them." Musashi

karatekid1975
KF VIP

Styles: Tang Soo Do/TKD/jujitsu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngelaG, good site. I like the bunkai part of it. Are you going to put the bunkai up for other forms/katas? I like to see ones for Pyung ahn e dan (Heian Ni dan).

AngelaG
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karatekid1975 wrote:
AngelaG, good site. I like the bunkai part of it. Are you going to put the bunkai up for other forms/katas? I like to see ones for Pyung ahn e dan (Heian Ni dan).

Yep, I hope to put up the 27 Shotokan Kata, all with some bunkai. You have to excuse the fact that it may be a bit at the time but I work full time, I do freelance web design, I do my karate training and I am an assistant instructor at my club so time is limited. Then working with Martyn Harris Sensei we may work on the RyuKyu Kata/Bunkai. What will eventually happen is that all the kata will be done slow and fast for free download, with some free bunkai as is there. Then we will do a really good quality shoot of each kata, go into real depth with the bunkai, break the kata right down, provide historical information and basically as much as possible and burn it to DVD to sell on as an accompaniment to the website (at a very good price... none of these rip-off prices for a poor quailiy shoot!). But that's a lot more in the future, currently we are working on getting as much free info up as soon as possible, because it's more about sharing the knowledge rather than making a profit... but I need to cover the costs of the server/domain/videos etc.

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum

AngelaG
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an addendum.. I love the bunkai I have for Heian Nidan. It's a great Kata... and a great start! Should start filming Heian Nidan and Heian Sandan next week!

aefibird
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Past and present: 2 styles of Karate, TKD, Aikido, Wing Chun, some Tai Chi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo hoo! Glad to hear it Angela! The stuff that you already have up on your site is great.

Sheffield Steelers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: