Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LLLEARNER wrote:
I got the results of the nerve conductivity test.
Apparently I am all normal.
Next step is a trip to the Neurologist later this month.

Whew...that is good news!! Prayerfully, the trip to the Neurologist visit goes as well!! Hang in there!!

LLLEARNER
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thankful for the good news, but, it is still not a conclusion.

"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat, without forgetting caution when all is quiet or becoming frightened when danger threatens." ~ Jigaro Kano

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Seido Juku

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LLLEARNER wrote:

Ruling things out has been a double edged sword for me. It's like "ok I know it's not X, could it be Y?" And somehow Y is always much worse than X in my mind.

I love not having answers for what's wrong with me.

LLLEARNER
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JR 137 wrote:
LLLEARNER wrote:

Ruling things out has been a double edged sword for me. It's like "ok I know it's not X, could it be Y?" And somehow Y is always much worse than X in my mind.

I love not having answers for what's wrong with me.

I have found the same in my life as well. I usually treat the worst case as not an option while at the same time accepting its possibility. In this case, I put the idea of a bad diagnosis out of my mind with the decision that my life will go on no matter the outcome. All it may do is reprioritize or accelerate goals.

I had my appointment with the neurologist yesterday. She did diagnose me with Multiple Sclerosis. At this point, the docs had ruled out Guillain-Barre syndrome, Lyme Disease, ruptured disk, diabetes, etc. These were kitchen sink attempts. I knew it going in. My PA was concerned with Multiple Sclerosis. While each negative result was a minor comfort I ignored/accepted the possible end result. I know where I am physically. I know how I compensate for what are really minor physical limitations at the moment. I am thankful for where I am right now. I know others have much larger hurdles to jump.

After a few more tests we will be deciding on a treatment plan.

While I was never really concerned with the color of my belt. I train because it is fun, good exercise, bonding time with my daughter and I am finding that I enjoy the study. I am now more dedicated to earning my black belt as a big screw you to my possible physical limitations. I am contrary like that.

So there is that. It is also more important that I complete my education so that I can continue to function in society as my disease develops later in life.

"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat, without forgetting caution when all is quiet or becoming frightened when danger threatens." ~ Jigaro Kano

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're in my thoughts and prayers!! Hang in there!! Having a goal to BB is an important goal with what you're experiencing. With that in mind, train hard and train well.

LLLEARNER
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
You're in my thoughts and prayers!! Hang in there!! Having a goal to BB is an important goal with what you're experiencing. With that in mind, train hard and train well.

Thank you. I hope you can get more active with your Afib.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LLLEARNER wrote:
sensei8 wrote:

Thank you. I hope you can get more active with your Afib.

Thank you!!

My Afib is GONE!! All the glory belongs to Christ!!!!!!

Check this out...

http://www.karateforums.com/renewing-myself-or-at-least-trying-to-vt50082-50.html

4th post from the top.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

Strained my right thigh muscle at the gym. I tried to lift 650lbs with my legs, I was able to push through 3 sets of 10. But on the last set, I struggled to do the last 5 with just my right leg...not smart!! I can do 540lbs with ease, so I pushed by adding extra plates!!

On a different note...

Btw, all, I've a follow-up with my Cardiologist this Monday. Hoping to still hear continued good news. Funny or depressing, the follow-up was to have happened after the Nuclear Stress Test, which hasn't happened as of yet, and it should've been completed the week after my Cardiac Inversion.

My Cardiologist is one of many doctors at this office; they've two offices. One says one thing and the other says a different thing. One office says I need to pay half up front, $340, before putting me on a payment plan. The other office says $100 down. So, when I see my Cardiologist, I'll let him know the reason why I've not done that test yet.

Both offices say that the Cardiologist doesn't involve themselves with financial issues. Really?!? My Cardiologist told me that care before money, and not the opposite. In that, if I can't afford whatever it is, he'd find me a Cardiologist within this conglomerate network so I can get the quality of care that's needed. Things should never be delayed!!

Hopefully my Cardiologist will intervene on my behalf.

LLLEARNER
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
Update:

Strained my right thigh muscle at the gym. I tried to lift 650lbs with my legs, I was able to push through 3 sets of 10. But on the last set, I struggled to do the last 5 with just my right leg...not smart!! I can do 540lbs with ease, so I pushed by adding extra plates!!

On a different note...

Btw, all, I've a follow-up with my Cardiologist this Monday. Hoping to still hear continued good news. Funny or depressing, the follow-up was to have happened after the Nuclear Stress Test, which hasn't happened as of yet, and it should've been completed the week after my Cardiac Inversion.

My Cardiologist is one of many doctors at this office; they've two offices. One says one thing and the other says a different thing. One office says I need to pay half up front, $340, before putting me on a payment plan. The other office says $100 down. So, when I see my Cardiologist, I'll let him know the reason why I've not done that test yet.

Both offices say that the Cardiologist doesn't involve themselves with financial issues. Really?!? My Cardiologist told me that care before money, and not the opposite. In that, if I can't afford whatever it is, he'd find me a Cardiologist within this conglomerate network so I can get the quality of care that's needed. Things should never be delayed!!

Hopefully my Cardiologist will intervene on my behalf.

That is awesome to hear. Also, the weight loss is sure to help. You are making great progress. The chances are better that I get to train with you one day. (I am keeping my commitment that if I ever get to travel I will train at least once in something I would not normally have the chance). I am not sure how I missed that post.

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Seido Juku

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a few people with MS. They all have varying degrees of it, and different symptoms. One thing they all have in common is they have good days and not so great days.

Take full advantage of the good days. I'm along the same lines as you regarding motivation. Tell me I can't do it, and I'll work my butt off to prove you wrong. Unless of course someone's telling me I can't be an NBA center at 5'8.

If earning your black belt is your way of sticking your middle finger up at MS, then do it. Not just with one hand, but both hands, held up high, right in its face!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: