Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

BKJ1216
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shudokan Karate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that if I show up on my own no one is going to take a 14 year old boy seriously. He wants to see an adult, because come on he's gotta know my parents are gonna be the ones paying for it.

The probelm with my parents going down is that for one, my mother has fibromayalga, or chronic pain, and is often times in too much pain or ill because it renders her imune system useless.

My father woudln't be able to go down there because he works 10 hours a day, and when he comes home he's very tired.

I'd really have to beg to get them to take my down to both of the dojos so I can see how they operate.

That's why I've been trying to get information here because I don't want to have to go skipping across town checkign out the dojos, because I know for a fact that my parents woudln't be able to do that.

IAMA_chick
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: tae kwon do

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my instructor was "straight up" over the phone. then when we went in to talk to her, she told me the price of gear, classes, and testing fee's. i don't know. they should be straight up with you i think just b/c MA is a lot of money and you need to know if you can afford it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

koreantiger81
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, just like the other posters have said, "go in and talk to him." Feel free to discuss your financial matters with the head instructor of a school. Some masters will be willing to strike you a deal. Either they will make you do chores around the do jang or split up your payments over a longer period. Some masters may even offer you free training if they see you have a strong determintation to learn martial arts. YOu just have to shop around for the right master who will accomodate your needs. So go in and talk to him.

fungku
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: gong fu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez. Where I used to go it was $30 CAN/month

.. that's like $20 US

And it was $5 extra if you wanted to take Kickboxing too, but for the serious students like myself it was just $30 for everything. I also got a key to the place to come train on my own whenever I wanted.

The only reason our sifu even charged us money was so that he could pay the rent and heating bill for the place.

Now I live in a bigger city where every place is expensive and I don't like the classes. I train on my own mostly now.
After the intense training with a Sifu who really pushed me to my limits every class, it's not worth paying all this money for the places here.
Any student in my old school could mop the floor with their endurance and strength alone compared to here.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: