Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

koreantiger81
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 3:14 am    Post subject: How long is your class? Reply with quote

Classes that are too long will bore a student...I don't agree on 2 hour classes....45 minute classes seem to be just perfect...I can fit in more classes too in one day...

How long do you think a class, so efficiency is not compromised?

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My particular class was cut to 45 min. (All Black Belt class). Because of this cut in time our "warmup" time has been cut so it's 7 min. warmup and the rest of the class is advanced techniques/sparring or a t/and forms, or sparring/breaking. The adult classes up to brown (belt before black) is 1 hour. I found that I really do miss those 15 minutes!
Ideally I would like to see 90 min. classes 15 min. warmup (dynamic stretching with variety of kicks and stretching/conditioning exercises and a 15 min. cool down afterwards (which is just as important IMO as a warm up!)

chh
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our classes are all 90 minutes, not unusual for them to go a little long. The kids' classes are only an hour. Warm-up excercises cover at least the first 10-15 minutes, sometimes as much as 30. Then we work on basics for a bit, after that it's whatever Sensei has chosen to have us work on. I'd be okay with 2 hour classes except they're all in the evening, and having dinner at 8:30/9 is about as late as I can accept. I wouldn't care for 45 minute classes, but I guess it would be different if they were broken down like some schools (a kata class, a basics class, a sparring class, etc).

metalhead
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My class is 70 minutes. The first 30 minutes is comprised of stretching and warm up exercises, sometimes the stretching is intense. The last 40 minutes is devoted to forms, technique, two man drills, etc....

ZeRo
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think an hour is good. just enough to get through a stretch and 3 or 4 techniques. a good time for me.

benedictbm
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our lil ninjas/dragons classes are 30 min for 3-6 yr olds. All other classes (kids beginner-adult inntrmediate) are 45 min. My class the adult advanced is anywhere from 40-60 min long. It depends on what we do in the way of strecthing and what not.

LeaF
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on the class will determine its lenght for instance most classes are 1 hour a couple are 2 and a few are 45 mins. Then there is the black belt class which well goes on until they are done.... On average it is 3-4 hours long

I AM CANADIAN

BlueDragon1981
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: Goshin Jutsu Karate, Shotokan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The class I currently attend is a hour and a half. We do stretches too however so if you dont count those it is more like 1 hour 15 min or 1 hour.

Bratt
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different times for different ranked students. For example, white-orange are 45-50 minute classes, green-brown (16 and under) 1 hour and adult classes (my classes, also only for 16 and older students) 2 hours long..

KarateMom
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: American Kempo Karate

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

45 minutes.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: