Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

stonecrusher69
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: MCM WING CHUN

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:23 pm    Post subject: How To Train A Solid Punch Reply with quote

I made this short video on how i train the basic Wing Chun punch with the heavy bag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_3FQiiNOto

"When the student is ready the master will appear"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stonecrusher69 wrote:
I made this short video on how i train the basic Wing Chun punch with the heavy bag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_3FQiiNOto
Thanks for sharing excellent topic.

When I train someone a solid punch I look very close to see if there is any reverse shock evident. If there is a bounce back then the energy has not hit at 100% efficiency.

Also any twist of the punching bag indicates a loss of efficient energy.

The evidence of a push motion or too much of a tap is observed then more adjustments in form and technique need to be adjusted or questioned.

A good way to describe how a Wing Chun punch should be done, is described as the way a hammer hits a nail, we all know what happens when it hits and slips the center of the nail; ouch!

Wing Chun punches coming out from (a stationary position) the center line also along the centre line connecting with the target is done with a type of whiplash motion (such as what a snake does when it strikes at it's target) throwing the neck backwards. It does create a powerful fast punch but can have consequences on the back of the neck by damaging it.

This is why a forward motion with a step forward coordinated with the punch and curving the spine and head forward is preferred. In this way the total spine is activated instead of only a small section behind the neck.

This all conforms with the triangle strength and the forward force of the Wing Chun style.

MacaulayGuerin
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much!

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacaulayGuerin wrote:
Thank you so much!
Welcome to KF MacaulayGuerin.

What have you liked about what you have seen so far?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: