Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

JoeForeman
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:59 am    Post subject: Hype videos of students Reply with quote

Hey guys, have you ever made a video compilation of students or friends? It's so worth it and fun too. Here's mine - i'd love to see other peoples.

Awesome Karate Fight Highlights - Athan Dritsas (student and mate)
https://youtu.be/PxRcPT2h-EQ

I have an intro thread going to so come say hi. Osu.

Joe.

Nidan Melbourne
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Styles: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, Balintawak Arnis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Joe,

Love your vids mate. And welcome to the forum also. No i haven't made compilation videos just yet considering my club doesn't have many competitors nor those interesting :'(

Hope things are well at the Ashburton Dojo

Thanks,

Liam

P.S. i trained at Kew with Sensei Chris whilst he was there. Had Emma + Danielle there too

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW WOW WOW...that's all that I can say...I was blown away by everything I saw in the video and blown away at what can be done with a computer, editing, and all that stuff, including the knowledge to make that type of video.

I'm a 10th kyu when it comes to things like that. Got a new camcorder from my wife for our 25 anniversary, and I STILL haven't operated it yet because I simply don't know HOW!!

GREAT VIDEO...thank you for sharing!!

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Seido Juku

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great video. Seems like you know what you're doing 😀

126barnes
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Kenpo Karate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job in front of and behind the camera.

JoeForeman
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you guys liked it! Yeah it does take time to build a clip like that, even though the while things runs only 1min 20secs it took about 28hrs of work! o.O

The great thing with video & photos is that you can start simple because if the subject matter is important to you (friend, student or family) then it will have meaning and impact to the people that matter. By far the hardest thing is starting

Hey Liam, fancy seeing you here You still training with Sensei Chris D?

Nidan Melbourne
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoeForeman wrote:
I'm glad you guys liked it! Yeah it does take time to build a clip like that, even though the while things runs only 1min 20secs it took about 28hrs of work! o.O

The great thing with video & photos is that you can start simple because if the subject matter is important to you (friend, student or family) then it will have meaning and impact to the people that matter. By far the hardest thing is starting

Hey Liam, fancy seeing you here You still training with Sensei Chris D?

Yes i am still with Sensei Chris out at Booroondara Sports Complex. Went for my 2nd Dan last saturday (12/12/15) and passed

Btw Joe were you at Doncaster Shopping Centre the other night?

wayneshin
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great clip Joe. Saw this floating around Facebook on the lead up to the Jnr Worlds. Great editing. Lot of work. Looks like a couple of years worth of footage you squeezed in?

JoeForeman
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wayneshin wrote:
Great clip Joe. Saw this floating around Facebook on the lead up to the Jnr Worlds. Great editing. Lot of work. Looks like a couple of years worth of footage you squeezed in?

Thanks mate. Yeah it was mostly 2014-15 vision and there was a STACK of it.
One of the camcorders I was given had 220gb of video to sort through! I personally shot some it throughout the year at various events, and some of it was taken off phones as well. Would have loved to travel around with the family to all the tournaments but as you know it gets expensive and karate is not a very high profile sport over here in Aus. Hopefully we'll be doing some cool stuff in 2016.

It makes all the difference when the subject matter is one you love (karate) and understand, as you can see things in the vision other people wouldn't, like referee calls, coach reactions, skills that are so fast you might miss etc.

I would happily make karate videos for a living if there was a demand haha.

Hey, congrats Liam on your Nidan, Sensei Chris is an excellent technician and I'm sure he was invaluable in your preparation. And yep I was at Donacaster seeing the new Star Wars movie!

Nidan Melbourne
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoeForeman wrote:
wayneshin wrote:

Thanks mate. Yeah it was mostly 2014-15 vision and there was a STACK of it.
One of the camcorders I was given had 220gb of video to sort through! I personally shot some it throughout the year at various events, and some of it was taken off phones as well. Would have loved to travel around with the family to all the tournaments but as you know it gets expensive and karate is not a very high profile sport over here in Aus. Hopefully we'll be doing some cool stuff in 2016.

It makes all the difference when the subject matter is one you love (karate) and understand, as you can see things in the vision other people wouldn't, like referee calls, coach reactions, skills that are so fast you might miss etc.

I would happily make karate videos for a living if there was a demand haha.

Hey, congrats Liam on your Nidan, Sensei Chris is an excellent technician and I'm sure he was invaluable in your preparation. And yep I was at Donacaster seeing the new Star Wars movie!

Thanks for that

I thought that was you, cause I walked past when you were eating.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: