Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

fireka
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: isshin-ryu, hopefully soon to study boken-do

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 7:23 am    Post subject: instructor problem Reply with quote

hi all,

I am a student of shotokan karate and have been testing and getting belts under a private instructor who leaves across the street from me. Shes a great martial artist, and im learning a lot but now there is a problem. i think she is attracted to me and i am in love with my girlfriend and im afraid she might be complicating things latter. a friend of my mom came by and asked how long we had been dating and that she was so excited about going with me to the prom. i most certainly didnt ask out my instructor, nor did i ask her to prom. i cant guarentee she started this rumor, it may have just been encoured when i was going to in from her house by nosey neighbors. (i was in a gi! what did they think i was doing?!?!?!) i need a way to get this to stop with out confusion, without lossing my sensai, and without losing a good friend to hurt feelings. I thought about maybe trying to set her up with someone, what do you think? thanx!

Withers M.A.A.
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just talk to her. Don't be rude but make a joke and say "my mothers friend thinks I'm taking you to the prom, people must confuse a karate gi with a tuxedo" Make a joke out of it and see how she responds. That is one way to do it. Or you can just ask her how she feels about you. If you are thinking all this it is better to find out striaght fromt he source. Let us know what you do and how you make out.

G95champ
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate (FSKA)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any one know the words to MRs Robinson. LOL

Good luck.....

I would come into class one day and say I got to leave a few mins early I got a date. That puts everything on the table.

Or you could ask if your GF could take classes as well.

IAMA_chick
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: tae kwon do

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just tell her that you are there to train. be her friend but tell her you already have a g/f. talk about your g/f alot too. that is a turn off and it should work.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

BKJ1216
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shudokan Karate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever you do don't tick her off, she might beat you up. Just mention your girlfriend somehow.

fireka
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: isshin-ryu, hopefully soon to study boken-do

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lo, yes she is a very powerful martial artist and i would be hard prest at this point to match her in battle. i like the idea of having Brittany train under her as well, but i can see were it would cause just more chaos. but thanks for the help. im thinking of using the tuxedo thing (mostly cause it was funny) and also i think ill at least have my girlfriend come to some sessions and definitley the test for 'Moral support' i honestly need that anyways.

monkeygirl
KF VIP

Styles: Tae Kwon Do

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! What a predicament. Your sensei may think you're a dojo jackrabbit
I'm going to move this to Instructor Central.

As for my input: good luck, hope it all works out. I salute your integrity; your girlfriend is lucky to have such a loyal guy
One thing I would recommend: make sure your girlfriend knows what's going on. It's best that she hears the truth from you, rather catching a false rumor. Good luck!

P.S.: you might want to wear your cup when confronting your Sensei

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

BKJ1216
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shudokan Karate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"you might want to wear your cup when confronting your Sensei"
I actually recomend those full protective suits the police use when training K-9 units.

wrestlingkaratechamp
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Brown belt shotkan karate/black belt 1st dan BJJ(8 years) high school wrestling champion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well who says you can't love them both? Thats what Liam would do.

Withers M.A.A.
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So have you talked to her yet?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: