Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

chrisw08
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Shorin Ryu Matsumura Seito/ Kenshin Kan/ of Grandmaster Fusei Kise/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: is this a good routine for starting amatour boxing? Reply with quote

5-10

Shadow boxing break at work 30-45 minutes
Stretching 5-30 mins
No running during holiday at work

Wed-
Stretching 5-30 mins

Thursday-

Boys @girls club usual
Shadow boxing 5x3 mins
Heavybag 3 min rounds 30-1h
Sparring 5-10

Break at work 30 min-45 min stretching

Friday-
Shadow boxing 1h-1 hour3min

Sat-
Shadowbox 1h15m
Stretch 15 to 30 mins

Sun*
Rest day

I am going to incorperate pullups, pushups, running up stairs and eventualy get a heavybag for training at home

I am wondering if i will become good enough to get a good amatour record ans mabye go pro
I will start lifting closer to pro for knockout power instead of points. Im 5 8 now 175 23% body fat but would like to be 160 to 175 havent made up my mind if i want to fight taller people , running up stairs and eventualy get a heavybag for training at home

I am wondering if i will become good enough to get a good amatour record ans mabye go pro
I will start lifting closer to pro for knockout power instead of points. Im 5 8 now 175 23% body fat but would like to be 160 to 175 havent made up my mind if i want to fight taller people

TJ-Jitsu
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Gracie Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are so many variables when it comes to being a professional and not...

In short what you're looking at here is technique and conditioning. One can have amazing conditioning, but if their technique is poor they wont last more than a few rounds and this isn't taking into account offensive and defensive skills. One with good technique on the other hand (say your old man of a coach) can be out of shape, but be technically sound and have no problem sparring for several rounds.

Since you're just getting started, this is what I'd suggest:

Train as often as possible- ideally at least 5x a week for about 90 minutes minimum. Technique is going to be much more important for you at this point than is conditioning- you can get conditioning up to par in a couple of weeks time before a scheduled fight.

Lots of shadow boxing, lots of bag work, and get some sparring in there. The goal is that all 3 should look and feel the same- for all intents and purposes throwing a punch should feel like throwing a punch no matter your target.

SteffiCurdy
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Run miles
Jumprope for 30 minutes straight
Hit the heavy bag for 15 minutes non-stop

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: is this a good routine for starting amatour boxing? Reply with quote

chrisw08 wrote:
5-10

Stretching 5-30 mins

Wed-
Stretching 5-30 mins

Thursday-

Boys @girls club usual
Shadow boxing 5x3 mins
Heavybag 3 min rounds 30-1h
Sparring 5-10

Break at work 30 min-45 min stretching

Friday-
Shadow boxing 1h-1 hour3min

Sat-
Shadowbox 1h15m
Stretch 15 to 30 mins

Sun*
Rest day

I am going to incorperate pullups, pushups, running up stairs and eventualy get a heavybag for training at home

I will start lifting closer to pro for knockout power instead of points. Im 5 8 now 175 23% body fat but would like to be 160 to 175 havent made up my mind if i want to fight taller people , running up stairs and eventualy get a heavybag for training at home

I will start lifting closer to pro for knockout power instead of points. Im 5 8 now 175 23% body fat but would like to be 160 to 175 havent made up my mind if i want to fight taller people

Looks, to me, like a good routine. Of course, check with your coach to get proper feedback. Your coach should be the final word!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: