Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Akaratechick
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: TKD/Filipino Kali/Kickboxing/JKD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: ISKA Karate Ernie Reyes, JR fight Reply with quote

Just curious if anyone saw the fight on ISKA karate and what they thought of it. I thought Ernie did a good job overall for it being his 2nd thai match. He was off somewhat in timing, but all in all he was impressive. His attitude was intimidating His dad was there to support him. It was cool. I like it when someone who doesn't have to prove himself tries something different and humbles himself. That is what we should be about.
"All your life you are told the things you cannot do. They will say you're not good enough, strong enough or talented enough; you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. ………..….
“AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES."
Nike Ad.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't hear about this. Isn't Reyes Jr. a TKD guy?

Akaratechick
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right you are. He has been doing TKD since he was four, and I think at age twelve he started acting. He's had a few pretty good parts, he was in Rush Hour 2. He is in a movie "The Process" which I haven't seen yet, he's quite busy. He is new to Muai Thai, but it was a cool fight. I just wish that ISKA Karate came on before midnight. I stay up to watch it. I am working on a lot of new techniques when I do my multiple fighting for my BB test in april
"All your life you are told the things you cannot do. They will say you're not good enough, strong enough or talented enough; you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. ………..….
Nike Ad.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that is cool. He was also in The Rundown, and also Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II, I think.

Akaratechick
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, I think you are right, and three minutes until it comes on. I wonder who is fighting tonight I really should start taping this, so I can get a good nights sleep. hmmm? what is that? Every now and then they will have women on, and those are awesome fights!!! I prefer this show to UFC
Nike Ad.

nine_weapons
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: muay thai, judo, bjj

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he has been training muay thai for at least 7 years now. he has three or four fights to his credit.

http://www.hesfit.com/men/comment/bodyweight-training-vs-weight-training-a-martial-artists-perspective/

shinbushi
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: MT, knockdown, bjj, mma, and more

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was also in "The last dragon" and I'm not sure which ISKA fight you saw of his because I saw him fight years ago on an ISKA promotion and the fight looked worked, bad...real bad. I forgot the name of the TV series he was on as a kid, too.

nine_weapons
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the tv show was sidekicks. He was also in a host of movies. I have actually seen all of his matches - unless he's had more since then - They didn't look worked to me. But you gotta think about it - he has been training in SOMETHING, be it muay thai, tkd, etc. since he was 4 years old. He should outclass almost anyone he fights. I actually think he should have performed a little better than he did, but he still went undefeated, so hey.

nine_weapons
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akaratechick wrote:
right you are. He has been doing TKD since he was four, and I think at age twelve he started acting. He's had a few pretty good parts, he was in Rush Hour 2. He is in a movie "The Process" which I haven't seen yet, he's quite busy. He is new to Muai Thai, but it was a cool fight. I just wish that ISKA Karate came on before midnight. I stay up to watch it. I am working on a lot of new techniques when I do my multiple fighting for my BB test in april

he's not new to muay thai - those are old fights, unless he started fighting again. I've been watching him since I was a kid. He was also in:

surf ninjas
TMNT - stunt double for donatello.
TMNT 2 - he was the pizza boy and was a stunt double for donatello
TMNT 3 - stunt double - donatello
Red Sonia
he had a guest spot on an episode of McGyver
he was part of the circus of the stars for several years
he starred in a series called sidekicks in the 80s

and other things as well.

kenpo4life
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Kenpo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally thought his Muay Thai was horrible. For a man studying martial arts his entire life, you would think that his technique would be crisper.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: