Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:47 pm    Post subject: KarateForums.com 15th Anniversary Livestream Replay Reply with quote

Hey all,

We just finished the KarateForums.com 15th anniversary livestream, and it was a lot of fun. I'd like to thank everyone who participated in this event.

First, tallgeese for being a wonderful co-host. It wouldn't have been possible without you. Next, the guests who stopped by, including DWx, Nidan Melbourne, MasterPain, Zaine, sensei8, Luther unleashed, Bulltahr and bushido_man96. Finally, everyone who watched and participated in the chat. It was a great time.

I feel the love, and I'm proud of the community that we have all contributed to.

If you would like to watch the replay of the stream, please watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wr-bDXEJbs

Please note that it's not the most polished production, but we had a good time bringing everyone together.

Thanks again,

Patrick

Last edited by Patrick on Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Nidan Melbourne
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Styles: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, Balintawak Arnis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting the link to watch the remainder of the celebrations Patrick.

It was fun to be a part of all the action that was the Karateforums celebrations.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a great time. I can't wait for the next one!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
It was a great time. I can't wait for the next one!

I agree, Brian!! I always get excited when a LiveStream is scheduled...LOVE THEM!!

Patrick asked me during my interview how'd I quickly describe Shindokan...

When you watch/listen to my answer it sounds like I'm saying...

"50 percent hands...50 percent feet." And that's what Patrick heard as he repeats my answer...

Let me get the marbles out of my mouth and fix my inability to master the spoken word...

Shindokan is 85% hands...15% feet!!

Our kicks set up our hands, and yes, we do know how to kick offensively as well, and not just set up kicks. Not to boast, but I kick like a mule and I've extremely strong legs; I can do a 550lbs sitting leg press with ease...with one leg, and a two legged sitting leg press I can do over 1000lbs with ease.

I can understand perfectly why Patrick heard what he heard and said what he said....because it DOES SOUND like I'm saying 50% hands...50% feet.

Another miserable answer from me was when Patrick asked about where I was, Shindokan wise, back in 2008 when I joined KF, and where I am currently. Well, great question, on Patrick's part...lousy answer, on my part.

So, in 2008 in Shindokan...I was Hachidan in Shindokan's Karate-do and Nanadan in Shindokan's Kobudo...I was a member of the SKKA's Board of Regents...I was operating my 3rd dojo/retail store.

Currently, I'm Kaicho [President] of the SKKA...Kudan in Shindokan's Karate-do and Hachidan in Shindokan's Kobudo. Future goals, is to bring the SKKA out of the stone age technology base we currently have, and have had since Soke founded it, i.e. website and the like so that Shindokan can be accessed by those interested parties...to open a North, East, and Central/Midwest Regional Sub-Hombu's within 5 years.

I just wanted to correct my unclear phonetics...I'm the biggest dork I know...good grief, Bob...sheech!!

Alex, you've a new career as an Interviewer, and how easily you handled the Stream from start to finish. Hopefully, you can interview me...one MA to another. Don't misunderstand me, Patrick is a master of the interview, and I really enjoy his interviews.

It was great SEEING KF members...it's that putting faces with KF member names that adds to the familiarity and closeness of the KF community. Great interviews across the board. And the way Patrick did this LiveStream was incredible...with the Co-Host...with the split screen shots...with the live video feed for the interviews...all in all...I'd give this LiveStream...a...SOLID 10 out of 10....in baseball language...it went yard!!

One last thing...

Coming soon to your local store for your next purchase...

The Cell Phone Sling

You too can use this fantastic new technology to secure any cell phone to anything...anywhere...anytime...in just seconds. Get yours now for the unbelievable price of only...$9.99...that's right...ONLY $9.99. If you order yours right now, you can also receive, not just one, but TWO, at no extra charge. Order yours right now...telephone operators are standing by....CALL NOW!!

Necessity is always the mother of invention, and Patrick did what anyone would do when facing a problem....improvised with what he had available to him right at that moment. GENIUS...pure GENIUS.

Nidan Melbourne
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved having the multiple interviewers and the interaction on the chat room at the same time. Even if Alex got distracted at one point when I was on (haha).

It was good to hear and see everyone that was being interviewed, even if they were being called on the phone (MasterPain) or had Technical Issues (Danielle aka DWx) with the microphone.

When I get a chance and time i'll be listening in to the remainder of the live stream. Because I just loved hearing the banter that was going on throughout the stream

tallgeese
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Bujin Bugei Jutsu, Gokei Ryu Kempo Jutsu, MMA, Shootfighting, boxing, kickboxing, JKD, Pekiti Tersia Kali

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nidan Melbourne wrote:
I loved having the multiple interviewers and the interaction on the chat room at the same time. Even if Alex got distracted at one point when I was on (haha).

It was good to hear and see everyone that was being interviewed, even if they were being called on the phone (MasterPain) or had Technical Issues (Danielle aka DWx) with the microphone.

When I get a chance and time i'll be listening in to the remainder of the live stream. Because I just loved hearing the banter that was going on throughout the stream

Yeah, sorry about that. Lol! It's hard to take part in the live stream and stay on top of the interviews! Patrick just makes it look easy.

Wastelander
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shorin-Ryu, Shuri-Ryu, Judo, KishimotoDi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could have made it for the live stream, but I'm enjoying watching the replay! I'm 2 hours in, so far!
Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera
Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wastelander wrote:
I wish I could have made it for the live stream, but I'm enjoying watching the replay! I'm 2 hours in, so far!

We missed you, Noah!!

When you get to my interview, it's the last one, don't listen to it because I suck at phone interviews.

Nidan Melbourne
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tallgeese wrote:
Nidan Melbourne wrote:

Yeah, sorry about that. Lol! It's hard to take part in the live stream and stay on top of the interviews! Patrick just makes it look easy.

Haha thats all good, made it more entertaining to be honest! besides it can be hard being co-presenters so I get it.

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Seido Juku

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm watching it now. About an hour or so into it. Very cool so far.

Sorry I couldn't make it on. I was competing in a tournament, and was actually getting beat up on during the tentative time Patrick gave me. I thought I'd have an hour or so before I would have come on, but the tournament was behind schedule (aren't they always?).

It figures... The one time I decide to compete is the one time I'm asked to do something like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: