Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: KarateForums.com Celebrates 500,000 Posts Reply with quote

Hello,

Thank you for visiting KarateForums.com.

As a community, we have now reached 500,000 posts. This is a really impressive milestone and I'm grateful that we've had the opportunity to maintain this type of longevity.

What makes 500,000 posts special for us isn't just the number because numbers can be played with and manipulated. What makes it special is the quality of the discussions that we have here. The way people speak to one another. The fact that we can have a respectful discussion about a controversial topic. I am really proud of our culture, more than any numbers.

In fact, in how the site is moderated, we almost certainly cut down on the number of posts that we could have, in order to preserve the culture that we enjoy. Every online community has a different culture. Variety is good because no community is for everyone and, if our atmosphere doesn't work for someone, they can probably find a community that gives them what they want. But for those who enjoy, and add to, what we have here - we're honored to have you.

92 members have 1,000 posts or more. As I look down this list, I see many great contributors from the past and present.

This includes Brian (bushido_man96), Pat (SaiFightsMS), Bob (sensei8), Heidi (ninjanurse), Alex (tallgeese), Laurie (PunchPressQueen75), Danielle (DWx), Doug (SBN Doug), Tammy (monkeygirl), kicker, G95champ, ps1, joesteph, Treebranch, Red J, Kerry (Shotokan-kez), Goju_boi, Greg (gheinisch), Justice (JusticeZero), battousai16, Shawn (cathal), iamrushman, cross, Shorin Ryuu, ShotokanKid, TJS, Bill (MasterPain), Menjo, delta1, Sam, lordtariel, Pacificshore, patusai, Brenda (white owl), Aodhan, Ramona (ramymensa), italian_guy, Kirsty (KarateK), GoldDragon, Dave (the beast), GrrrArg, Karateka_latino, The BB of C, y2_sub, Jay, Kirves, BKJ1216, yamesu, Tiger1962, NightOwl, Kuma, June1, Adonis, krzychicano, kchenault, Gareth (Harkon72), Rusty (pittbullJudoka), pineapple, granmasterchen, Icetuete, marie curie, Ed (KarateEd) and LeaF. Devin (Lupin1) and Noah (Wastelander) will soon be joining this group, as well.

Thank you to all of these members and thank you to everyone who has contributed to KarateForums.com in a positive, meaningful way. I appreciate you.

This is a milestone worth celebrating and we have three big things planned, in addition to a few surprises.

Live Stream

On November 9 at 2 PM ET (GMT/UTC -5), I will be hosting a special 3 hour live stream where I will be joined by an assortment of members. I will be on video, participants will be on audio and anyone can watch and participate in a text-based chat room.

Two hours of the program will consist of quick chats with members, reflecting on the time they have spent at KarateForums.com. This will be 5-10 minutes per person, just so that we can fit a lot of people in. If you would be interested in participating, please let me know.

The third hour will mostly be dedicated to two staff member panels - one featuring previous Senseis (moderators) and one featuring current Senseis. We'll talk about moderating the community and what they have gained from their time on staff.

Member Interviews

I have conducted a series of 26 interviews with members from all eras of the history of KarateForums.com. I will be publishing these over the coming weeks, in the dedicated KarateForums.com 500,000 Posts Celebration forum.

These interviews will give you a greater insight into who these members are, what their martial arts background is and what KarateForums.com means to them.

KarateForums.com Awards

The twelfth annual KarateForums.com Awards will begin soon, bigger than ever. Through these awards, we aim to recognize just a handful of the individuals who have made outstanding contributions to KarateForums.com in the past year.

We'll have six new award categories this year, each matching a popular forum on KarateForums.com. They are Equipment Poster of the Year, Health, Training and Fitness Poster of the Year, Instructor Central Poster of the Year, Jiu-Jitsu and Grappling Martial Arts Poster of the Year, Karate Poster of the Year and Korean Martial Arts Poster of the Year.

Thank You

It should be a fun few weeks! Thank you to Heidi, Brian, Danielle, Alex, Bob, Gareth, Noah and Devin for helping me to plan out these festivities.

Thank you for reading and for supporting KarateForums.com.

Sincerely,

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Wastelander
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shorin-Ryu, Shuri-Ryu, Judo, KishimotoDi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the forum, Patrick, as well as the well-deserved celebration!
Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera
Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

tallgeese
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Bujin Bugei Jutsu, Gokei Ryu Kempo Jutsu, MMA, Shootfighting, boxing, kickboxing, JKD, Pekiti Tersia Kali

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, congratulations on the milestone, Patrick!

DWx
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Tae Kwon Do & Yang family Tai Chi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Patrick!

500 000 quality posts is a massive milestone

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on this milestone, Patrick, and in the way you've done it, not sacrificing quantity for quality. This is the best MA community out there.

Harkon72
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Okinawan Karate, Aikido, Ninpo.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Massive Congratulations Patrick, this is the best Martial Arts forum on the Web, and that is not just my Opinion! Osu!

pittbullJudoka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Ryu Kyu Kempo,Wrestling,Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on this milestone Patrick.

hawkfish
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate & Iaido

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Patrick! You have a great place here and hopefully the next 500,000 will be as great as the first!

ShotokanMaster.com
ShotokanPlanet.org

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much, Noah, Alex, Danielle, Brian, Gareth, Rusty and Doug. I really appreciate the kind words.

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

CredoTe
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: Matsubayashi-Ryu (Shorin-Ryu), Hung Gar (Hung Siu Lum)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! Super-duper congratulations to Patrick and all of KF! Woo Hoo!!!

In Life and Death, there is no tap-out...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: