Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:29 am    Post subject: KarateForums.com Turns 15 Years Old! Reply with quote

Hello,

Thank you for visiting KarateForums.com.

It was 15 years ago today that KarateForums.com launched. The longevity of this community is incredible to me. Even with 15 years and 535,437 posts, when I tell people about this community, it's not the numbers that I spend time discussing.

What I tell them is how beautiful this community is. How people speak to one another. How thoughtful they are. How, even when disagreeing, we treat each other with respect. How we bring people together, from all different walks of life, through the martial arts. That's what I'm proud of.

You can't do that without amazing, exemplary members who participate in a way that reinforces and encourages those ideals. These great members, given a structure that enables them to stand out, really show people what the community is about, and ensures that we continue to bring in new people who share the same interest in having thoughtful conversations.

Thank you.

Naming names is fun because I will always end up leaving out a large number of members who have contributed to our community in a positive way. Even so, I would like to thank a group of members specifically, in recognition of their longstanding and/or current contributions to these forums.

Thank you to bushido_man96, sensei8, tallgeese, SaiFightsMS, ninjanurse, DWx, karatekid1975, aefibird, SBN Doug, monkeygirl, kicker, G95champ, ps1, joesteph, ZeRo, Treebranch, Red J, cathal, gheinisch, Shotokan-kez, JusticeZero, Goju_boi, battousai16, Wastelander, iamrushman, cross, MasterPain, Harkon72, ShotokanKid, TJS, Menjo, delta1, Sam, lordtariel, Pacificshore, patusai, white owl, Jack, Nidan Melbourne, Aodhan, ramymensa, italian_guy, KarateK, Zaine, yamesu, GoldDragon, Lupin1, the beast, GrrrArg, Karateka_latino, The BB of C, y2_sub, P.A.L, Jay, Kirves, pittbullJudoka, BKJ1216, jaymac, Tiger1962, NightOwl, Kuma, June1, Adonis, Spartacus Maximus, krzychicano, kchenault, IcemanSK, pineapple, granmasterchen, Icetuete, marie curie, KarateEd and LeaF.

Thank you to Hawkmoon, ShoriKid, JR 137, Montana, stonecrusher69, wagnerk, Kusotare, jaypo, Luther unleashed, JohnASE, cheesefrysamurai, pers, ashworth, brickshooter, mazzybear, armanox, hammer, Spodo Komodo, sperki, Titanium, kenpo4life, Wado Heretic, Nevinyrral, vantheman, chiliphil1, Judodad_karateson, RW, lowereastside, The Pred, CTTKDKing, liger, Bulltahr, guird, Harlan, Drew, Kanku65, A. Orstrom, bassaiguy, stoneheart, wayneshin, hawkfish, skullsplitter, Canadian77, DaveB, Oshishinobu and Karate_John.

I would further like to recognize our current staff for the exceptional role that they play in carefully steering this community. Thank you to ninjanurse, bushido_man96, DWx, tallgeese, Wastelander, sensei8, Lupin1 and Zaine. Finally, I would like to thank past staff members SaiFightsMS, monkeygirl, karatekid1975, SBN Doug, gheinisch, scottnshelly and jdash for the deeply valued contributions that they made.

Your Thoughts?

On this day, I would love to hear your thoughts about KarateForums.com. Why have you become a regular member of our community? Why do you stay? Who are some members who make this a great community for you? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Our Livestream Celebration

Also, don't forget: in two weeks, we'll be hosting a big livestream celebration with various members of the community appearing. We'd love to have you participate, but even if you can't, please tune in and participate in the chat room. The fun starts at 4 PM EDT (UTC -4) on June 4.

Thank you for reading and for supporting KarateForums.com.

Sincerely,

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

DWx
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Tae Kwon Do & Yang family Tai Chi

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Patrick on another massive milestone

tallgeese
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Bujin Bugei Jutsu, Gokei Ryu Kempo Jutsu, MMA, Shootfighting, boxing, kickboxing, JKD, Pekiti Tersia Kali

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWESOME news!

Nidan Melbourne
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Styles: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, Balintawak Arnis

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing work Patrick and team. We wouldn't have connected this well without all your help!

Wastelander
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shorin-Ryu, Shuri-Ryu, Judo, KishimotoDi

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! This is definitely a big landmark!
Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera
Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

mazzybear
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Wado Kai

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on the milestone!! Here's to another 15 years!!

Mo.

ninjanurse
KF VIP

Styles: TKD;Shotokan;JuJitsu;Tai Ji

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to celebrate! Congratulations!

http://the100info.tumblr.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Danielle, Alex, Liam, Noah, Mo and Heidi! Very kind. I'm looking forward to the livestream!

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on hitting this milestone. Fifteen years, and all quality years at that. No site is its equal. Thank you for all the time and effort you put into making sure this site maintains the high quality that it does, Patrick.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Brian. You're a big part of everything we've done here over the last 10 years! I appreciate you.

Patrick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: