Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> BJJ, Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido, and Grappling Martial Arts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

do you think that combat is purely a physical endaevour
yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
no
100%
 100%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 7

maisweh
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Indeed Sempai I Agree Reply with quote

KALIPUTRA wrote:
Though I believe one has to able to take me to ground to actually test my ground fighting skill.
It hasnt happened yet.
Also with regards to Mma somebody said test them by wearing goggles, large groin guards etc to avoid seriouss injury.
My whole point is their training is not sufficient to allow them to compete with such skills and strikes allowed therefore as it is them who have to prove themselves in this situation why should we make these concessions.
The arrogance comes from them and i dont see why we should compromise on making them eat their words.
However i am open to such a competition if they are willing to nullify their tap outs and bjj locks i wont use groin strikes or eye gouges.
However if you are going to claim an art form to be full contact please have the conviction and confidence in your art to actually go all out and fight properly without 1 million rules.

so you're saying that you pretty much train to gouge peoples eyes and kick them in the balls? and you want them to not be able to choke or put you in locks? and theyre arrogant, not you?

maisweh
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously want to see videos of this guy.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this KALIPUTRA guy. He certainly knows how to stand his ground. There are some martial artist that are talented in a fight. Perhaps because of growing up in a violent atmosphere. I believe KALIPUTA to be correct in all of his statements, including his attitude. Going beyond the ma sport aspects and the play-do-jo's the 'Do or Die' martial artists do exist. The problem for them is like the snipper that has trained for years and used up thousands of bullets but has never made a fatal shot on a human. To turn all that training in to a sport has lost what he has trained for. IMHO take KALIPUTA for his word on what he is capable of and accept it; I certainly am! Human weapons are real, just be thankful you haven't had to face one on the street.

guird
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: BJJ, MMA, Gongkwon Yusul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Armstrong wrote:
IIMHO take KALIPUTA for his word on what he is capable of and accept it.

I disagree, he has told some very tall tales, I'm certainly not going to believe him without evidence.

For example, that not a single fighter from the top MMA gyms in your country has ever taken you down over many sparring sessions, let alone beaten you, is a pretty extraordinary claim. On top of that his reccomended takedown defense is vastly inconsistent with any tried-and-tested methods I've ever heard of.

I'm not saying he's lying, just that it's going to take at minimum, video evidence to convince me he is correct in his statements.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that no rules fighting has nothing to do with all sport type of fighting. That what he does is fight to the death if no one stops it. Unlike controlled light contact fighting with padding. Most training in the padded realm with respect for the opponent. Contrary to killing your opponent without any respect for human life. These two ideologys just don't mix even though techniques can be exactly the same. As for takdowns he claims to use that no one has taken him down is not alien to me and are used extensively in the Chinese martial art systems.

guird
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Armstrong wrote:
I believe that no rules fighting has nothing to do with all sport type of fighting. That what he does is fight to the death if no one stops it. Unlike controlled light contact fighting with padding. Most training in the padded realm with respect for the opponent. Contrary to killing your opponent without any respect for human life. These two ideologys just don't mix even though techniques can be exactly the same. As for takdowns he claims to use that no one has taken him down is not alien to me and are used extensively in the Chinese martial art systems.

He claimed that during sparring, no one could take him down. No one needs to be killed to substantiate this. I'm sure many MMA fighters would be very excited to learn such techniques as they are extremely valuable under any hybrid ruleset. If they are as common as you say they are, I'm surprised they haven't.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinese martial arts have been developed to help the little guy. To use leverage, gravity ECT to one's advantage. Big strong people have gotten by using brute force. If I have no equally matched brute force then I need something? I need every trick in the book and some. I need everything to help me defeat brute force. Today people with brute force are getting defeated by smaller intelligent fighters; 'Jet Lee' now strong sluggers have evolved in to intelligent fighters by using little guy techniques 'Chinese secret techniques' More and more little guy CST's are getting in to the hands of the brute force fighters. Now they have the best of both worlds with brute force combined with intellect force. There was once a famous saying' the bigger they are the harder they fall' this is what us little guys used to say, but not anymore. Look at Stephen Segual. Big guy using little guy tricks. The trick to not being taken to the floor is to have an extraordinary ability regarding balance not found outside Chinese martial are circles. Balance is connected with the center of the Earth. Having this extraordinary balance is not found in the grappling spheres of martial arts such as Judo or Aikido Ect, but in the martial art for old people that when they get older 'they fall down easily' need all the help they can get just like the little guy needs all the help he can get also. The answer you are looking for can be found in Tai Chi Chuan. I'm personally not going to mess around fighting a big guy that knows my tricks. I'll leave that job to the next guy. If by chance I'm the other guy well at least I did my homework and payed attention to my teachers, practiced diligently ...

End note: How many mma fighters do you know that practice Tai Chi Chuan?

guird
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Armstrong wrote:
Chinese martial arts have been developed to help the little guy. To use leverage, gravity ECT to one's advantage. Big strong people have gotten by using brute force. If I have no equally matched brute force then I need something? I need every trick in the book and some. I need everything to help me defeat brute force. Today people with brute force are getting defeated by smaller intelligent fighters; 'Jet Lee' now strong sluggers have evolved in to intelligent fighters by using little guy techniques 'Chinese secret techniques' More and more little guy CST's are getting in to the hands of the brute force fighters. Now they have the best of both worlds with brute force combined with intellect force. There was once a famous saying' the bigger they are the harder they fall' this is what us little guys used to say, but not anymore. Look at Stephen Segual. Big guy using little guy tricks. The trick to not being taken to the floor is to have an extraordinary ability regarding balance not found outside Chinese martial are circles. Balance is connected with the center of the Earth. Having this extraordinary balance is not found in the grappling spheres of martial arts such as Judo or Aikido Ect, but in the martial art for old people that when they get older 'they fall down easily' need all the help they can get just like the little guy needs all the help he can get also. The answer you are looking for can be found in Tai Chi Chuan. I'm personally not going to mess around fighting a big guy that knows my tricks. I'll leave that job to the next guy. If by chance I'm the other guy well at least I did my homework and payed attention to my teachers, practiced diligently ...

End note: How many mma fighters do you know that practice Tai Chi Chuan?

I find this another extraordinary claim.

At least one that I know of, and at least four others with CMA backgrounds. Additionally I have heard that chen family tai chi produces some solid Sanda fighters and Shuai Jiao wrestlers, and of course there are sanda fighters from all corners of the chinese martial arts. There is absolutely exposure to tai chi and other CMA in the MMA community. Not to mention the many other rulesets in which takedowns are used.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth watching I hope for you on YouTube, a friendly exhibition between Tai Chi and MMA titled: Tai Chi vs MMA (Who is nicer)

There are skill levels regarding balance and rooting that seem difficult to believe and comprehend. My Tai Chi teacher with 40 experience from Hong Kong taught me things about balance (that was 20 years ago) and still I haven't seen anyone do what he can as well as he can. Having Tai Chi lessons dosn't guarantee that person will learn or be taught this very special skill. I have tried to teach brute fighters this technique and they just don't grip it because it takes a huge amount of sensitivity and patience, something that some people will never posses no matter how hard they try.

This Saturday I'm holding a seminar on Chinese self defense and there is going to be another seminar in the same building with an Olympic medalist teaching a master class in Jujitsu. I will try my keeping my balancing trick out on him and I will keep you honestly posted with the outcome.

Another two YouTube videos worth watching, sorry you will need to Google them also. Titled: "Tai Chi Master Wang vs Weightlifter"
and "Tai Chi Master Wang Zhanjai vs Judo"

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems KALIPUTRA has made an impression here not soon forgotten.

Karate and Kung fu are on two different sides of the same bridge. The perspective from each side looks very different. On one side lives the Giant Crane a creature that has developed exceptional self defence skills. While on the other side Tigers dwell; unmatched predators.

One side sees that their side of the bridge has qualities far superior than the other side has due to strong footings and a close up view on things. While the other side has a higher view on things due to past experiences and living far above ground level seeing more terrain.

A Giant Crane and a Tiger walked to the middle of the bridge, each animal wanted the other one to back up or move aside so as to get to the other side. Each would not move an inch for each other.

The Tiger suggested that they should have a contest. It would be settled if a Giant Crane could wrestle and put the Tiger down on to the floor. The Giant Crane wanted a different contest, the one that jumps the highest wins.

They could not agree on a contest or a compromise so they both went back to their own side of the bridge. They both lived ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> BJJ, Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido, and Grappling Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7
Jump to: