Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Kuma
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Matsui was just one of the better known examples. Even in local tournaments you can see it used often, as combined with a follow up technique it's a good way of earning waza-ari. In Ashihara and Enshin there's a wider variety as they allow limited grabbing as well. I've had entire classes devoted to foot sweeps for knockdown fighting purposes.

Watch the 10th Shinkyokushin tournament on Youtube, you can find videos of every bout and in a good percentage of them you can see ashi barai being used by fighters in an attempt to knock down their opponents. A very common technique amongst those who specialize in low kicks such as Hajime Kazumi and Kunihiro Suzuki.

Kuma
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyokushin shinken shobu kumite, knockdown fighting with face punches. Royama's organization has been doing these fights for almost a decade now and it's slowly catching on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye_Cq_cNon0

vicotto
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Shotokan, Kenpo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see any mention of age! KYOKUSHIN Is not for the older folks. I'm 55 yrs old and I'd be out of my mind to jump in a ring and subject these old organs to those devastating barrages of body shots. I've found my niche in Shotokan because of there core philosophy...kata. Funakoshi in his teachings gave little credence to fighting. His philosophy was about improving the inner man and avoiding fights at all cost. And that made my decision so much more easy. Now, if your young and you find pounding someone to a pulp fascinating, than Kyokushin is the style your looking for. It's as macho as you can get.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: