Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

catlike
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject: Moving schools / dojo Reply with quote

This time last year I made the choice to train at Karate as I'd been approached by a local club. Hadn't trained since I was a small person and without looking at any other local clubs I thought I'd give it a go.

Over a year, I've come to believe I'm not in the right club for me. I don't disrespect anything the club does, or any Sensei or Sempai, I just don't think it's the kind of club I align with. I looked around at a few options, I'm lucky enough to have 4 other clubs in my local area and chose to engage the one that looked most professional.

So I'm starting over! 'New' club Sensei and I have had numerous discussions and I like the approach he has. From my humble perspective, the club seems better managed, the other students seem like they have similar values to me (and the age varies from late teen to "I'm not comfortable asking") and overall I am impressed by the quality of the operation.

I've been told I'll get a grade suitable for my ability, but to be honest I'm learning all new Kata (Wado) so I'm white until proven otherwise!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Train hard and train well at the new dojo. Sounds to me that you've already visited the dojo as well as the CI and the like, and that you believe that it's a perfect fit for you. Good luck!!

Nothing wrong with white belt because it's the most important belt of them all, imho!!

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its good that you've explored and found a club that fits your needs. A lot of instructors lose sight of the fact that the journey belongs to the student, and not to them. Enjoy your new training environment!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: