Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

ninjanurse
KF VIP

Styles: TKD;Shotokan;JuJitsu;Tai Ji

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: My Journey on KarateForums.com Reply with quote

This post was originally published as an article in a dedicated KarateForums.com Articles section, which is no longer online. After the section was closed, this article was most to the most appropriate forum in our community.

A few years ago I was doing some investigating of a martial arts school that I was thinking of joining and when I "Googled" the style name, the first thing that popped up was a post on KF that made reference to it. The poster was a KF moderator (Laurie, a.k.a. PunchPressQueen75) that studied the style in another school in the association and we soon struck up a friendship that has lasted - we trained together, played together and moderated together for several years until she "bowed out" to pursue other interests in life. I thank her for talking me into joining the school (I now own my own school in that association) and for convincing the staff here at KF that I was worthy-in spite of my sometimes "opinionated and passionate" posts.

I joined KF and I accepted a position on the staff here because I felt the shared passion of the members and I was able to talk about those things that were close to my heart and that have affected me deeply over the years - all without being scoffed at or put down. I have spent a lot of time training my mind and body and am honored that I can share my life experience with others in the hopes that they find some "treasure" in what I have to say... and I am also grateful to the many passionate and experienced members who drop a few nuggets for me! THANK YOU!

KarateForums.com is by far the best martial arts forum that is out there - well run by an amazing administrator - Patrick - and well attended by some of the best... all over the world!

Congratulations Patrick!!!!
http://the100info.tumblr.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for sharing this, Heidi! I didn't realize that you met Laurie here! I thought you had known her previously. That is so wonderful.

I appreciate all of the kind words. It's very touching to read this and I appreciate all of the great contributions that you have made to this community. You are certainly one of the people I think of when I think of people who have had an impact around here!

Thank you!

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Its interesting to see the friendships that have spawned her at KF.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: