Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject: Name Of Form From "Way of the Dragon" Reply with quote

To my TSD practitioners and TKD practitioners...

What is the name of the form that Chuck Norris is executing in the movie, "Way of the Dragon" while him and Bruce Lee are in the Roman Colosseum??

You'll have to do a search for that, and even then, the form is NOT the complete form; bits and piece, but enough to discern a name of the form!!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just watched that segment, and what's shown in the two segments of Chuck Norris executing a form, was so generic, it could be any of the many TSD forms.

Oh well!!

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if it is part of a form, or just some combinations he's putting together. I don't recognize it, but that doesn't mean anything, either.

Luther unleashed
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: A few!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw this, sorry I gave up on the Korean forum haha! J/k, I'll check it out now and get back. I know what part of course I just can't remember the exact sequence of movements. As for the name, do you know I first saw this in somewhere around 1994, and I saw it as "return of the dragon"! I then saw it years later as "way of the dragon"! If you google it, it seems the way of the dragon as you called it is the more popular name, although it strangely comes up with the same movie under return of the dragon. Just a weird thing I have wondered about for many years.

Luther unleashed
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: A few!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched it, yup, as bushido_man stated its a combination for sure. Defiantly not a TSD form, but I'm certain it's not a form at all. The outside knife hand blocks are "American tang Soo do" and probably other martial arts do them as well but I have only seen them as that. I do practice this, however I do them differently, as mine start from under the arm. If you look closely his start above the extended arm near the shoulder. Around that time chuck Norris developed American tang Soo do, as Time went by he altered it to chun kuk do. Since this time period it has also been called American karate but this term is more relevant when referring to American freestyle karate which is very different.

Sorry to get all deep, it's just a confusing mess, the history of SOME branches of TSD ha! Defiantly not a TSD form though. The main thing about TSD forms is that they typically have a good deal of foot movement, moving in a direction, not stationary. Foot movement is a certain TSD characteristic of "hyung" or commonly known as kata/poomse in karate/TKD! Shotokan forms are the main forms of TSD but even MDK Which uses yuk ro and different forms like that, are heavily movement based.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: