Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Not On My Watch!! Reply with quote

Iwao Takahashi has resurfaced. Here are some KF links that have spoken about Iwao...

http://karateforums.com/the-attack-of-the-hierarchy-vt42366.html

http://karateforums.com/this-might-be-the-beginning-of-the-end-vt40015.html

http://karateforums.com/martial-arts-forever-in-one-s-life-vt38638.html

For the moment, he's living in Hayward, California. Hayward is in Northern California, just east of San Francisco. I know that he went to some University in or near to Hayward during the early 1980's, in that, I don't remember what he was studying and/or if he earned a University degree. But, Hayward is where he is...and he can stay there for all I care!!

Iwao had contacted the Hombu a few weeks ago...out of the blue. Iwao spoke in some great lengths with Greg, our Kancho, on the phone about a many things. Greg, had another phone call from Iwao a few days later, but this time a phone conference was conducted, which included every elected/appointed member of our Hierarchy, as well as Hugh of our Legal Team.

I'm told that that phone call was quite heated at times. At the conclusion of that phone call, many questions were still left unanswered on either side. Greg called me shortly after the conference call with Iwao to inform me a many things. I sat still while Greg slowly revealed to me the exact context of the two phone calls; I was beside myself!!

What did Iwao want?

He wants to return to the Hombu as San Dai-Soke! WHAT??

After Greg calmed me down, he then informed me that most of the Hierarchy and Hugh were going to Hayward to have a formal meeting with Iwao to address his request and to get many questions answered for good.

Greg said that the meeting in Hayward was quite fruitful across the board, and that the Hombu is requesting that I fly to Hayward and meet with him. At first I was willing, but, after having a series of phone conversations with Iwao, I wasn't a willing participant.

The Hombu meet with Iwao, but I won't. Not now, and not ever!! He refused to answer many of my questions, and that spoke volumes to me. Therefore, I've decided that Iwao will not return to the Hombu in any capacity...I don't want him anywhere near the Hombu, the student body, and I don't want him near me.

"It's my right! I'm the San Dai-Soke, appointed by Dai-Soke, and supported by our By-Laws!!" said Iwao.

"That was then, but now, you've been removed from any position of authority, and in that, your name has been removed from any place of honor, now and forever!!" was my reply to Iwao.

He wants to come back...NO, not while I'm Kaicho and not while I'm alive.

Iwao's actions of the past make it hard for me to forgive and forget. And no one's going to be able to convince me any other wise. The damage has happened and the damage has been repaired, but the damage in my heart remains. I won't allow him to re-assume a position within the Hombu where he can possibly reinfect the Hombu.

The hierarchy after meeting with me have come to an agreed consensus with me, and in that, Iwao will not be permitted to return to the Hombu in any shape, way, and/or form anytime soon, if ever!!

Iwao can start his own dojo and his own Hombu and all if he wants. That's his right, but our Legal Team has made it impossible for him to return to the Hombu anytime soon. As a matter of fact, the Legal Team has informed Iwao that he's to refrain from using any likeness of the Hombu and Shindokan in any shape, way, and/or form, both are protected by law as well as by our By-Laws.

Politics is the worst part of the MA, and in that, I pray that you never have to go through anything like our Hombu has.

darksoul
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Shaolin Kempo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I really don't envy your position.

evergrey
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: kyokushin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what a rough thing to have to deal with. He must have done something really terrible.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

evergrey wrote:
Wow, what a rough thing to have to deal with. He must have done something really terrible.

I've included some of my past posts about the terrible thing(s) he's done.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: