Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who would you prefer teaching you self defense a person that has been there done it and got the T Shirt or from someone with alot of second hand knowledge? Many students don't question they just assume. Many teachers teach students to conform to lose to them. Many MA complain that they feel defenseless on the street. They never learned that some MA are a sport and others are not. Self defence taught by sport martial artists is dangerous for the student. It really does give them a false sense of security. Many street fights start and end with a single punch. Street fighter types like to be intimidating to others this doesn't make them good fighters; it just makes them good at physicking people out. Martial artists need more than one teacher in one style these days, personal experience is also a good teacher. Oh yes the question! It is not realistically possible to have street fights to practice every self-defense situation. Theory and practice is all we have to get on with when push comes to shove, lets hope we were paying serious attention to the teacher.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: