Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

shortdog
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2001 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have always wanted to open a buisness for myself. opening a school of self defence would be awsome. does any one know how i would go about doing this?

this would not be a normal run of the mill martial arts school. it would be a school where any one comes to learn to defende them selves. no belts, no ranks, no set style, yuo would learn to fight against any one who might confront you. i would teach how to use weapons, like escrima, bow, weighted ropes, and other things you could find easily.
the way all schools should be.

SHORTDOG

or email

Tim Greer
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2001 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming everything else is in place, including your school's policies, it might be of some help to have some backing with some type of organization to provide a background about your knowledge and accredit you for it.

That said, and once again assuming everything is in order (there are lots of things to contend with), try getting involved in your local police departments, communities and other type of programs. That, word of mouth, advertising and everything you need to realistically provide people with the confidence that this school is truly quality and you have the backing of local comminity organizations, the police department, etc., you should have a good start.

Also, offer free self defense classes for women and children too. That will be of help.. at least so-many free courses, since you don't want to have some kid or woman getting assalted because they simply couldn't continue to pay for the full, real courses. Try and help some people out, get involved and it will be a reward to you and your school, because more people will get interested, support you and your school and know you're a good guy.

Also, if I'm not around for a while, I'm just away training. :-)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Angus
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2001 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking to eventually open a freestyle kickboxing school when i'm older, and i reckon if u do the FIRST FIVE LESSON FREE deal then u will get a lot of interested people... Put an add in the local paper and run it every now and again. Give people an intro into the basics and show them what they could end up doing by putting on a sparring disply or something...

Stuff like that attracts people... But don't run a Mc Dojo, do what u sed u'd do...

Angus

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: