Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Archangel
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Ketsu-Ka Karate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject: Question about heart worm Reply with quote

Question: IDK where else to post this, so I'll post here. A friend of mine just acquired a dog. Turns out the dog is positive for heart worm. Anything she can do via natural remedies? Or low cost vet care in the TN area? She cannot afford the regular vet's fee for treatment. Thanks.

Montana
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Shorin Ryu Matsumura Kenpo & Kobudo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhhh..you're asking this on a martial arts forum?

Try Googling it...

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You never know, we might have some dog owners in these forums, and some of those dog owners might have had a dog that picked up heartworms. Best of luck to your friend, Archangel.

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Archangel
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick wrote:
You never know, we might have some dog owners in these forums, and some of those dog owners might have had a dog that picked up heartworms. Best of luck to your friend, Archangel.

Patrick

Thanks Patrick! That's why I posted it. It WAS under "general topics" not necessarily related to martial arts. I think I may have found something anyway, but if there are any pet owners here who have some advice to share, I will gladly receive it.

jaypo
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can pick up dewormer medication at places other than vets' offices, I believe.
Respect others
Refrain from violent behavior.

Archangel
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaypo wrote:
You can pick up dewormer medication at places other than vets' offices, I believe.

Thanks. I found out about something called Ivomec. It's used on farm animals but can be used on dogs. Also diatinacious earth may be good too. Thanks for commenting.

JohnASE
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick wrote:

Patrick

Yes, you never know. My ex-girlfriend is a ni-dan in Shito-Ryu and a dog expert. She competes in obedience, agility, and herding. She's the president of her dog club and sometimes teaches obedience classes.

She doesn't participate here. I'd ask her, but it sounds like some possible treatments have been found. Hope it works out!

bball197046
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Question about heart worm Reply with quote

Archangel wrote:
Question: IDK where else to post this, so I'll post here. A friend of mine just acquired a dog. Turns out the dog is positive for heart worm. Anything she can do via natural remedies? Or low cost vet care in the TN area? She cannot afford the regular vet's fee for treatment. Thanks.

Hey archangel, All we have ever been told is that if you cannot afford the astronomical fee for the heart worm treatment then the dog will not survive...not sure if that is true.. I am in the TN area also.. do you study martial arts at all? my name is Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: