Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, everyone. No shortage of solid ideas!

The reason that your posts on your personal page may receive more interest than your posts on your business page has everything to do with how organic reach works on Facebook.

It is much easier for you to post something on your personal page and have it reach your Facebook friends than it is for you to post something on your business page and have it reach people who have liked that page.

The easy way to overcome this is to pay Facebook for advertising. Which, if you do your homework, can be a good idea. Facebook has so much data, you can easily target an ad to whatever demographic you want (people who like karate in Secaucus, NJ, for example).

The harder way to grow organic reach is by posting content that people engage with (comment, like or share). The more someone does that, the more likely they are to see what you post. (Again, lots of good thoughts above).

When people think about posting engaging comment, they immediately think of taking stuff (videos, photos, text) from other people, which isn't a great idea. Instead, focus on creating your own content, as much as you can.

You can post nice photos of class or your school, tagging where appropriate or maybe adding an inspirational quote. You can post events that people can RSVP for (big, important ones, not just every class). If you share video, uploading that video to Facebook (as opposed to linking to YouTube) is far more likely to ensure that the people who like your page actually see that video. Even if it's just a preview of the longer video, the way Facebook prioritizes video is dramatically different between when you upload the video to them vs. when you link anywhere else.

Every post is an experiment. You'll find that some things work better than others, and that's the direction you'll want to go in.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick wrote:
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, everyone. No shortage of solid ideas!

The reason that your posts on your personal page may receive more interest than your posts on your business page has everything to do with how organic reach works on Facebook.

It is much easier for you to post something on your personal page and have it reach your Facebook friends than it is for you to post something on your business page and have it reach people who have liked that page.

The easy way to overcome this is to pay Facebook for advertising. Which, if you do your homework, can be a good idea. Facebook has so much data, you can easily target an ad to whatever demographic you want (people who like karate in Secaucus, NJ, for example).

The harder way to grow organic reach is by posting content that people engage with (comment, like or share). The more someone does that, the more likely they are to see what you post. (Again, lots of good thoughts above).

When people think about posting engaging comment, they immediately think of taking stuff (videos, photos, text) from other people, which isn't a great idea. Instead, focus on creating your own content, as much as you can.

You can post nice photos of class or your school, tagging where appropriate or maybe adding an inspirational quote. You can post events that people can RSVP for (big, important ones, not just every class). If you share video, uploading that video to Facebook (as opposed to linking to YouTube) is far more likely to ensure that the people who like your page actually see that video. Even if it's just a preview of the longer video, the way Facebook prioritizes video is dramatically different between when you upload the video to them vs. when you link anywhere else.

Every post is an experiment. You'll find that some things work better than others, and that's the direction you'll want to go in.

Solid post!!

Some many great advices here from many KF members! Patrick has mad skills when it comes to things like this, and if it was me, I'd certainly pay it some serious attention.

Patrick, btw, my computer froze up immediately when I clicked on the organic reach link, might've been a coincidence, but I just got my computer back from the laptop shop. I'm afraid to click on that link again.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give that link another try. There is nothing harmful there. Thanks Bob.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick wrote:
Give that link another try. There is nothing harmful there. Thanks Bob.

OK...nice article; I enjoyed it...thanks for sharing it!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: