Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
I understand that this is a tough journey for you, and its ok to break down and let it out, too. At times, it helps more than anything.

True...very true!! Btw, I've edited that very post just a minute ago to add a thought!!

I don't want to host my own pity party because I just don't want to. A good cry never hurt anyone, I suppose!!

Safroot
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Kyokushin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
Thank you, Safroot, for your kind words as well as your support!! I'm not going to lie, because oftentimes, I break down because this is more than I can handle...in short, I'm scared, to say the least.

Everyone with any heart disease would be scared at some point but believe me in most cases if you stick to your dictor's plan , you wil be able to live with it with no problems. I know many people have been living with it for years. Stressing over it won't help much, I know speaking anout it is easy but to do it in real life is hard but I am sure you can do it 👍🏻

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safroot wrote:
sensei8 wrote:
Thank you, Safroot, for your kind words as well as your support!! I'm not going to lie, because oftentimes, I break down because this is more than I can handle...in short, I'm scared, to say the least.

Everyone with any heart disease would be scared at some point but believe me in most cases if you stick to your dictor's plan , you wil be able to live with it with no problems. I know many people have been living with it for years. Stressing over it won't help much, I know speaking anout it is easy but to do it in real life is hard but I am sure you can do it 👍🏻

Solid post!! Stress is not a favorable companion when ones dealing with Afib and everything else involved. Stress really gets me right after I've seen my Cardiologist, because while he's being honest, I'm freaking out about what he's talking about. I've been told to stop reading up on things and to just follow my doctors instructions....and I'm trying...to not read!!

I don't sleep well, lately. It's 0340...and I'm STILL AWAKE!! I'm suppose to get a good nights sleep, but I don't end up going to sleep until 0600, and I'll sleep until 1200. Not good...I think!

Safroot
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Kyokushin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
Safroot wrote:
sensei8 wrote:

Solid post!! Stress is not a favorable companion when ones dealing with Afib and everything else involved. Stress really gets me right after I've seen my Cardiologist, because while he's being honest, I'm freaking out about what he's talking about. I've been told to stop reading up on things and to just follow my doctors instructions....and I'm trying...to not read!!

I don't sleep well, lately. It's 0340...and I'm STILL AWAKE!! I'm suppose to get a good nights sleep, but I don't end up going to sleep until 0600, and I'll sleep until 1200. Not good...I think!

You really need to stress less & have enough sleep everyday, this will help controlling it.
Tbh regarding reading about atrial fibrillation or any other disease in general when you have limited or no medical background, I totally recommend to stop reading for many reasons :
1- every person id different
2- disease progress is different from one individual to another
3- family history is different
4- concurrent diseases / other health conditions you have is different from others
5- your heart condition / efficency is not like anyone elses.

During my years if practice I heard 1 very common complaint from many doctors: patients are coming already convinced that they have a diagnosis for their condition from Dr. GOOGLE 😂 & if the doctor's diagnosis is different then they start to discuss their diagnosis & may seek a second opinion. I know a doctor who nearrly kick those type of patients out of the consultation room 😂😂😂😂

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Points well taken, Safroot; thanks for them. I do have that habit of assuming my self-diagnosis is correct...that is too, a learning curve that I must learn.

One thing that I've noticed, and I forget to ever mention this to either my GP or my Cardiologist that my breastbone seems to be much larger than ever over the years, and much more prominent nowadays.

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Seido Juku

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been following your journey here, but haven't posted much. I'm pulling for you just as you're pulling for me in my debacle.

Stress never helped anyone get better. Especially people with heart conditions. So much easier said than done, so don't beat yourself up about being stressed

One thing that's usually gotten me through a sleepless night: ask yourself if what you're worrying about can be resolved by arguing with yourself. Are you going to resolve the issue by keeping yourself up late due to the debate going on in your head? Tell yourself you'll get back to the argument and worries after you get some needed rest. If they're important enough, those worries will still be there later to revisit. Ask yourself if you're doing everything you can to resolve the issue. I know it sounds stupid, and it's easier said than done, but it's honestly what's worked for me, so I thought I'd pass it along.

LLLEARNER
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

It's 0340...and I'm STILL AWAKE!! I'm suppose to get a good nights sleep, but I don't end up going to sleep until 0600, and I'll sleep until 1200. Not good...I think!

Maybe you have hit on the fountain of youth. You could be turning into a teenager.

Seriously, I understand the sleep thing. Even on nights which I get less than five hours, my legs do not want to settle down. Then I stress that I am keeping the other half awake. So I go to the couch and watch Netflix. While not your situation I can empathize more directly with parts of it. I have an MRI scheduled for my back in two days in an attempt to resolve my leg numbness and restlessness.

"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat, without forgetting caution when all is quiet or becoming frightened when danger threatens." ~ Jigaro Kano

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LLLEARNER wrote:
Quote:

It's 0340...and I'm STILL AWAKE!! I'm suppose to get a good nights sleep, but I don't end up going to sleep until 0600, and I'll sleep until 1200. Not good...I think!

Maybe you have hit on the fountain of youth. You could be turning into a teenager.

Seriously, I understand the sleep thing. Even on nights which I get less than five hours, my legs do not want to settle down. Then I stress that I am keeping the other half awake. So I go to the couch and watch Netflix. While not your situation I can empathize more directly with parts of it. I have an MRI scheduled for my back in two days in an attempt to resolve my leg numbness and restlessness.

Lol on me turning back into a teenager!!

Your leg numbness might be due to a/some pinched nerves, and of course, I'm only guessing. When you do your MRI, ask them to turn up the volume of the music in your headset. Otherwise, the groaning of the machine will drown out the music. All I could hear was the MRI moaning and groaning; a little unsettling...I was in my MRI for 20-30 long minutes.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

276lbs!! That's 50 pounds lost since October 4, 2016!! 60lbs to lose by October4, 2017!! Goal...216lbs!!

That means that I must average a 7.5lbs loss per month....that's less than 2lbs per week. Seems doable...seems probable....I can do this!!

I've been averaging a 12.5lbs per month loss!! It's conceivable for me to get as low as 176lbs by October 4, 2017; that would be an additional 100lbs loss...40lbs more than my goal, from this post's time stamp!!

So far, so good!!

The Pred
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Goju Ryu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 5 of 21
Jump to: