Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:21 pm    Post subject: Shannon Lee Reply with quote

Enjoy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOKKUSwEaxg

Being honest with oneself...isn't easy, but necessary!!

Thoughts, please.

Zaine
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Matsumura-Seito, Shobayashi-Ryu, Shudokan, Long Fist, American Street Karate, Southern Mantis, HEMA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The philosophies that she speaks of are very Renaissance. These are all things that people like Descartes, Hume, and Locke were worried over when she talks about exploring within one's self. This should not be surprising, as Lee studied philosophy quite often.

She is right, though; there is something magnetic about Bruce Lee. He was very charismatic and seemed to embody what being a martial artist is all about. A lot of martial artists look up to him and I think that they should. If we want to continue to grow, whether or not we do so as a martial artist, being honest with oneself is incredibly important. Lee saw that clearly, which is why he pushed for martial artists to live this way.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always looked up to Bruce Lee. He keeps me grounded as a martial artist. I do however deviate from his ideologies as it is normal for each of us to find our own way.

Shannon Lee is great. She also has a gift like her father. I have read about her other opinions and she definitely knows how to stretch another person's intellect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: