Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Nidan Melbourne
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Styles: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, Balintawak Arnis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sentoka wrote:
I'll shoot you through a copy of mine if you want, Liam.

We're constantly updating our syllabus book. Originally it started as the grading requirements and a bit of history. Now it's around 20 pages, including a comprehensive terminology glossary, explanations of fundamental principles in Wado and the theoretical self defence components.

My instructor used to issue the next grading syllabus every time we upgraded, and it was seen as a bad thing to show the students beyond what they were testing for next. As part of our promise to our students of complete transparency, I believe it's necessary to show what they're in for in the long run. I stop short of putting diagrams or listing bunkai, as it's meant as a guide and information for the students, not as an instructional book.

Is that you Justin? Because I just saw your style as Ryukyu Mudokai and that reminded me of your club name.

I'm now undertaking a similar one to my old club, albeit with several major differences in how it is formatted and what it includes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: