Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Take Me Out...Yes...It's BASEBALL! Reply with quote

MLB Baseball season is around the corner. Pre-season has been as it's always been to me...ok. Open day in MLB should be a holiday, imho.

We've got the defending world champions....NY YANKEES going against the Red Sox in Boston on the opening day. The Yankees roster looks good, their depth looks good, bats look good, the bullpen looks good, the fight for the number 5 pitching rotation spot looks good, Mo looks good...it's all good!

Yankees will miss the veteran presence of Johnny Damon and Hideki Matsui as well as the clutch, Melky Cabrera. On the other side of the trade coin, the Yankees added Chan Ho Park from the Phillies and I look forward to him helping the Yankees defend the title and go on to win #28...World Series' that is.

162 games of awesomeness across MLB! 30 teams battling for the Commissioner's Trophy. Thank God for big-screen TV's...it's the only way to watch the WORLD CHAMPION NEW YORK YANKEES, even when they [Yankees} lose, they still look AWESOME!

Wooooooooooooooooooooo!

Play ball!

GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!!

Lupin1
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Isshinryu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, GO YANKEES! And this is from someone born and raised a half hour north of Boston. Boy do I catch a lot for that...

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lupin1 wrote:
I agree, GO YANKEES! And this is from someone born and raised a half hour north of Boston. Boy do I catch a lot for that...

ROFLMHO

GO YANKEES!!!!!

GeoGiant
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Tang Soo Do

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an Orioles fan.... sigh.... we will be under 500 & 20 games behind first place by the all star break... uggggh .

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You never know, GeoGiant. Anything can happen. That's why they play the games. I was in Baltimore in November and we drove right by the stadiums for the Ravens and Orioles. Looked pretty cool, but I didn't go inside or anything.

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

GeoGiant
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick wrote:
You never know, GeoGiant. Anything can happen. That's why they play the games. I was in Baltimore in November and we drove right by the stadiums for the Ravens and Orioles. Looked pretty cool, but I didn't go inside or anything.

Patrick

Oriole Park and M&T Stadium are great places to see a game! My wife and I were Os season tic holders for a few years in the 90's. After Ripken retired, wow, attendance really dropped off. Currently my bother and I are number 2689 in line for Ravens season tics.

I hope the Os can come through this year but we haven't seen a decent season since 1997...

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. I thought it was pretty neat how they were so near each other, if I recall correctly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

GeoGiant
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stadiums share a parking lot. When they came up with the concept for Camden Yards in the late 80's the idea was to build a stadium for the Orioles and then plan for a future football stadium. The way the designers implemented the old rail yard building into the stadium is incredible. The designers built the scoreboard to match the Baltimore skyline so the view from the seats after dark is amazing. I would recommend a visit to Oriole Park to any baseball fan.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick wrote:
Cool. I thought it was pretty neat how they were so near each other, if I recall correctly.

Similar to the Royals and the Chiefs; very nice arrangement as well as very nice stadiums.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, sounds neat GeoGiant. Being at the upper northeast of North Carolina, Baltimore is the second closest MLB park to me, just a little farther than where the Nationals play. But, even that is 260 miles. Suffice to say, I don't get to many games.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 1 of 30
Jump to: