Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Tempest and I Meet Over Lunch!! Reply with quote

Just the other day, I reached out to Tempest via the KF PM, in the hopes that we might be able to meet one another. After all, the two of us live within Tulsa County; Tulsa, OK for him, and Owasso, OK for me. Roughly we're about 14 miles from one another.

We agreed on a place to have lunch, as well as a day and time. That day was today, and that time was around 12noon, and the place was not a disappointment to me at all.

I ordered early, and finished my salad just as Tempest arrived. Sorry, I was starving, and that's why I didn't wait...my bad!

We said our salutations, and we sat!! He ordered his lunch, and we talked.

Nothing specific, just general conversations about a many things in and out of the MA, although our conversation was more geared around the MA. Not to surprising, seeing that we're both MAist.

I pray that I didn't disappoint him in any shape, way, and/or form. He didn't disappoint me in any shape, way, and/or form.

I found him to be quite affable, knowledgeable, approachable, relaxed, confident, and fairly easy to get to know. He is someone that I know that I can learn from, and someone that I can call my friend, in and out of the MA. I look forward to when we're able to meet up again!!

I don't like to project any negative aires about myself; I am who I am, and I don't apologize for it, and that simply means that, I don't act like something that I'm not, for anyone and/or any reason. In short, I'm Bob, and nothing more. What you see, is what you get. I hope that Tempest's first and last impressions about me were positive across the board.

We spoke about the SKKA and my plans, and things like that. I was quite open with him, no matter the topic, and no matter the question; I had nothing to hide. He offered me some solid advice concerning the SKKA and the like, in which, and in truth, I will consider his advice.

1 and a half hours later, we went our separate ways; him back to work, and me back home.

As I drove home, I was reflecting our meeting, and I was already looking forward to our next meeting, whether it be over lunch or on the floor!!

Thank you Tempest; it meant everything to me!!

Tempest
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Judo, HEMA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Sensei8,
I appreciate the meeting and I have a very positive impression of you. I am glad that you took the time to meet with me and look forward to our next meeting.

I think it is interesting what an outside perspective can give you on any problem.

I am very glad to see that someone from these forums is so close.
Hopefully soon, we can meet on the floor and train together at some point. I am looking forward to that.
Once again,
Thank you Sensei8

tallgeese
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Bujin Bugei Jutsu, Gokei Ryu Kempo Jutsu, MMA, Shootfighting, boxing, kickboxing, JKD, Pekiti Tersia Kali

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super cool! I'd love to do more meet up stuff.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tallgeese wrote:
Super cool! I'd love to do more meet up stuff.

Yes...and those that are able to meet, don't have to always train. Just a nice get together over a meal and/or something to drink; chit chatting with one another over either a plethora of topics, or a more specific conversation. It's meeting one another, whether it be for the very first time or have meet one another previous times.

There's a ton or so KF members that I'd love to meet, both on and/or off the floor!!

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad that you had the opportunity to connect. Thanks for letting us know and sharing some of the conversation.

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: