Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Zukinatic
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Shotokan, judo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: The California karate journey so far Reply with quote

It's been a long road in these past years. I've tried so many dojos and styles in so cal before committing and excelling with my current style. When I reflect I can't help but appreciate the traditional dojos out there still thriving and teaching karate the way it is meant to be taught. At the same time I look back also on the horror of McDojos that exist out there that thankfully I was able to realize quickly and leave. It has truly been an experience..I sincerely hope karate makes a big come back on the martial arts stage. MMA /Bjj/tae kwon do gyms is what I mostly see on the road these days. Karate has kept me healthy and sharp and I am always thankful for it. How are all of your journeys at this point?

Nidan Melbourne
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Styles: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, Balintawak Arnis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My journey is slowly progressing, but progressing nonetheless.

I currently am seeking a 2nd Dojo to train at, in which is a Non-Goju School as to expand my Knowledge. As i am addicted to learning Karate and want a bigger slice of the pie!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: