Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

truejim
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Kukkiwon/WTF

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject: Tournament Management Software Reply with quote

Have folks here had much experience with tournament management software? The Kukkiwon/WTF-style school I attend plans to host a local tournament later this year. We haven't hosted a tournament in a couple of years and the fellow who managed the software-side of things has since passed away. I've been asked if I could come up with a software plan for this tournament. (Back in the day, I was a software developer…long ago.)

The tournament would be local, so figure a few dozen taekwondo schools competing (hundreds of competitors).

Here are some of the alternatives I've found so far:

Kihapp - http://www.kihapp.com - handles online registration to making brackets, printing certificates and publishing results. First developed in 2009, looks to be entirely Web-based, which should a good thing. Appears to handle even the Web-hosting, which is great. Can handle multiple styles of martial arts. The website doesn't have much in the way of demos or screenshots though, so it's hard to know what you're getting. I figured I'd contact the developer as a possible next step.

Tournament Tiger - http://www.tournamenttiger.com - nice looking website, and the tool looks pretty full-featured. If I had to pick something sight-unseen (except for the website), I'd think this one looks pretty darn good.

All Tournament Pro - http://www.alltournamentpro.com - looks again to be another Web-based system. Apparently the tool charges the athlete $3 to register for the tournament online using this tool. Looks good from what I can tell on the website.

Mat Action (beta) - http://www.mataction.com -this tool isn't available yet, but just FYI looks like it'll be good when it is. All tablet / smart-phone based so officials can use it even on the competition floor.

My thinking was I'd set up some "fake" tournaments in a few tools, get some of my friends to register for the fake tournaments, give these tools a proper test-drive before I recommend one to my school…but I thought I'd check the forums to see if anybody had any thoughts or recommendations.

Any experience with any of the above? Any other tools I should check out?

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Thank you for visiting KarateForums.com. Unfortunately, we removed a couple of posts from this thread in error. Please find them below. I apologize for the trouble.

Thanks,

Patrick

villesundberg wrote:
Hi! I'm the developer of Kihapp. Thanks for including Kihapp on the list. "Not enough demos and screenshots" is good feedback - I'll be sure to add more.

What probably wasn't entirely clear from the site is that what you see on kihapp.com is the same as what you use on the competition floor. Everything is online, so moms and dads can even follow the results from home if they want.

I am working on a demo feature, and I felt like it wasn't quite finished yet so it isn't publicly accessible, but... here goes:

http://www.kihapp.com/tournaments/100

The above is a fully functional fake tournament that already has some competitors registered. You can use it as if you were an admin without logging in, so I guess we'll see now what happens when you post a link like this to a public forum. Multiplayer tournament management. I'll probably do a reset or something every once in a while if people "conduct" the tournament to its conclusion.

If you want a private fake tournament with fake competitors, just email me at ville@kihapp.com.

If there's any questions, ask away! I'm always looking for feedback, it's the only way I know how to improve.

truejim wrote:
villesundberg wrote:
I am working on a demo feature, and I felt like it wasn't quite finished yet so it isn't publicly accessible, but... here goes:

http://www.kihapp.com/tournaments/100

Excellent! Thank you! I will give this a look!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, villesundberg. Glad to have you.

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

villesundberg
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: ITF Taekwon-Do

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick wrote:
Welcome aboard, villesundberg. Glad to have you.

Patrick

Thank you, Patrick!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: