Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Hawkmoon
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Kyokushin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confidence, experience all make for a character that can deal with the change in status/situation when a person changes from student to instructor.

Profound, well meaning inspiring ... personally no not what see feel expected and sadly what experience has shown me over the years!

For years I worked with any club, system that would allow me to work with them. Only one actually made life difficult, the others were ... tolerant of me.

I really do not think that an instructor is even little more than a good hard working student themselves!
To me a good 'instructor' is a student who is or (I feel a better piece of head space) is not aware that they are demonstrating true humility with a clear open mind that is driving to and promoting more and better from the people around them ... a certain amount of selflessness in what they do!

On a personal note since being invited to assist with the pee-wees and the junior classes I welcome the respite of the senior class where I join the lines as a student I find it a clear and humbling experience being merely a student!

Confidence and experience make for a character in control of themselves.

IcemanSK
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Taekwondo Chung Do Kwan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say that if you have a bad experience (if an instructor is uncomfortable having you there) move on. It's that person's issue, not your's. Since closing my school since starting grad school, I've met a few masters that didn't want me to train with them. They seem nervous or oddly unwelcoming to me for whatever reason. We'd had a good relationship when I ran my school. There could be lots of reasons for this, but it's nothing I've done. I go to places where I'm welcomed & that I feel comfortable, as my schedule allows.

If you can find someone who welcomes you, it is like finding gold. I'm sure you've discovered this. I wish you well.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because someone's a human being, it doesn't mean that they know how to be a human being. The welcome mat is so small, only ego and the like can stand upon the darn mat. MAist's, by their own nature, are so un-trustful toward their own kind, and even worse, for those who aren't their own kind.

What's on to do?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: