Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Training with heart health issues Reply with quote

I'm training with heart health issues.

Exercises for me is a must, to stay alive.
I've been on my death bed four times, due to having had four heart attacks.

Having been so weak to move, slowly coming back to life over the years.
With a heart that has endured so much, changes a person's perspective about many things; especially one's health.

I am more aware now than ever before about how to live sensibly, no choice in the matter, if I want to stay out of hospital beds and away from operating tables.

My last heart attack was six years ago and the one before that was seven years before that.

I started cardiac rehabilitation six years ago for one year and from then on I have become stronger and wiser as a martial artist. I believe my earlier years as a martial artist has helped me with my fight to stay alive.

The martial art saying "Endure the unendurable" helped me survive some terrible times while fighting for my life against heart disease.

I have had to mourn my own death four times, each time with a type of re-birth I'm back. Being so close to death so many times is obviously not advisable but it does make a person feel more appreciative being alive.

A good question would be "How has four heart attacks changed you?"

My answer would be: Patience and perseverance are my best friends now; never give up!
Enjoy and do what makes you happy as long as it doesn't interfere or hinder other peoples happiness. Share what you know and appreciate others talents; realize they worked hard at what they do.

Than living a life of accumulation it is also just as important to discard things that are not important. Unnecessary stress and worry is as good place as any to start.

My biggest fights are not other people but my own lifestyle habits.
(A donut is a few minutes of happiness, that is worn around the waist for the rest of my life)

The most important thing that you really need to do is breath!

Thank you for reading my rant.

Share your health issues it is therapeutic, words have power, to hurt but importantly words can heal.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I train with heart issues, not as much as you have, but nonetheless.

I've spoken about it here at KF at these KF links...

http://www.karateforums.com/training-with-afib-vt50022.html

http://www.karateforums.com/renewing-myself-or-at-least-trying-to-vt50082.html

I, as you, am taking a pro active approach to the Nth degree because our health is very important to us, as well as our families.

I will fight the good fight, and will not give up!! My life depends on it!!

Your hang in there Alan, you shall be in my prayers everyday!!

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
I train with heart issues, not as much as you have, but nonetheless.

I've spoken about it here at KF at these KF links...

http://www.karateforums.com/training-with-afib-vt50022.html

http://www.karateforums.com/renewing-myself-or-at-least-trying-to-vt50082.html

I, as you, am taking a pro active approach to the Nth degree because our health is very important to us, as well as our families.

I will fight the good fight, and will not give up!! My life depends on it!!

Your hang in there Alan, you shall be in my prayers everyday!!

Thank you for your kind words sensei8

What is on my mind could be off topic, or in some strange way very relevant.

Back in the last century in the 90's a TV show named LEXX was aired. A sci-fi fantacy with quirky sexual overtones that are ironically witty. A Geman co Canadian production, nothing has been as creative as Lexx.

The four main characters are: Zeph a female love slave, (that is in love with Ki) Stanley Twiddle a class four security guard, that becomes the captain of the Lexx (A living talking giant bug spaceship that can blow up planets on demand) a robot head named 790 (that is in love with Zeph and Ki an assassin that is dead but is dead/alive due to a substance called proto-blood, that keeps him animated alive.

When ki is low on proto-blood he stays in a type of glass coffin to preserve him self.

Ki is the last of his kind (The Brunange) as he and all from his planet were destroyed by the Divine Shadow.

Ki was used by the Divine Shadow as an assassin. Ki regained his memory and ended up as a member of the crew on "The Lexx"

Fortunately the entire show (four years worth) is available to be viewed on YouTube. I have watched the entire series from start till finish.

Surprisingly I have found the show to be therapeutic as Ki has an entirely different outlook on life from his dead/living animated body, his attituded is pedantic and estoic from a dead living person perspective. He does however have odd behavior at times, depending on the circumstances or planet and or outside influences.

Ki is a virtuous character, that has done many bad things in his past due to the influence and control from the Divine Shadow.

What I like about Ki's character is that he is always cool, calm and under control when the going gets tough and he reasons out difficult circumstance logically unlike most people that would panic or become hysterical.

Ki is a hero but never in a pretentious way, helping his crewmates without any concern for his own wellbeing.

Ki looks like a futuristic ninja without the sword instead he has a gizmo attached to his wrist that he can shoot out a type of gripping device that is attached to a cable, that doubles as a device to shoot to kill and to grip objects to pull him self up or towards.

Even though Ki's character is difficult to kill by adversaries, his own medical/physiological condition is his greatest enemy or threat, this is something I can relate to wholeheartedly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: