Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

stonecrusher69
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: MCM WING CHUN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:46 pm    Post subject: Using the small, medium, and large circles Reply with quote

The small circles is used mostly for short range combat, the medium circle is used to close the gap while the large circle is used to to move into position.

https://youtu.be/myfAdenyIpQ

"When the student is ready the master will appear"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice tutorial, stonecrusher69!!

Our Soke, according to our many In-House resources, never studied WC! However, what your video here shows, and with many other videos you've submitted in the past, a lot of what we teach in Shindokan concerning close ranges, is pretty close to what WC does, if not, at time, the same thing.

Keep your videos coming!!

stonecrusher69
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
Very nice tutorial, stonecrusher69!!

Our Soke, according to our many In-House resources, never studied WC! However, what your video here shows, and with many other videos you've submitted in the past, a lot of what we teach in Shindokan concerning close ranges, is pretty close to what WC does, if not, at time, the same thing.

Keep your videos coming!!

Thank you sense8 haappy to know you liked the video.. it's pretty amazing how our two styles seem to be very similar. .

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good topic and explanation stonecrusher 69 of your video; thanks for sharing.

Could also be explained as the three fulcrums.

The large circle from the shoulder could be used while defending against kicks. Large circles are used very often in many Shaolin Kung Fu techniques.

Personally I put alot of emphasis on the three locations for defence and attacking purposes.

Therefore practicing each location independently or collectively. Insects do this naturally.

Also in my training I use strengthening exercises that I practice slowly. Giving me a type of collective dynamic tension strength. Somewhat like arm wrestlers have.

Adding to this practice more fulcrums and muscles till eventually everything I have is utilized.

Practicing this method starting from one hand to two hands with resistance training methods, pulling downwards and forwards, in all directions. This method involves attaching bungee cords to a pull-up bar.

The three circles as is this topic are sensitivity based, that are not strength oriented but done with resistance can most certainly add a new dimension to a martial art workout.

I hope you can understand this point of view, it's a bit tricky to explain with words.

Another method is somewhat like what a cat does when leaning in to your ankles, movement with constant pressure or movement with constant pulling motion.

These two examples develope a very unique strength that enhace all martial art skills.

It is as if everything pulls together as a one single unit, a type of torque strength. Katas movements are different as in 1.move 2.chunck/tense. What I'm trying to get across is like doing a kata but with a constantant torque, as if trying to twist a wet towel to get the water out of it.

Torque strength staring from the wrist then adding the elbow, then adding the shoulder; utilizing the three circles independently or a focused joint(s) effort.

stonecrusher69
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Armstrong wrote:
Very good topic and explanation stonecrusher 69 of your video; thanks for sharing.

Could also be explained as the three fulcrums.

The large circle from the shoulder could be used while defending against kicks. Large circles are used very often in many Shaolin Kung Fu techniques.

Personally I put alot of emphasis on the three locations for defence and attacking purposes.

Therefore practicing each location independently or collectively. Insects do this naturally.

Also in my training I use strengthening exercises that I practice slowly. Giving me a type of collective dynamic tension strength. Somewhat like arm wrestlers have.

Adding to this practice more fulcrums and muscles till eventually everything I have is utilized.

Practicing this method starting from one hand to two hands with resistance training methods, pulling downwards and forwards, in all directions. This method involves attaching bungee cords to a pull-up bar.

The three circles as is this topic are sensitivity based, that are not strength oriented but done with resistance can most certainly add a new dimension to a martial art workout.

I hope you can understand this point of view, it's a bit tricky to explain with words.

Another method is somewhat like what a cat does when leaning in to your ankles, movement with constant pressure or movement with constant pulling motion.

These two examples develope a very unique strength that enhace all martial art skills.

It is as if everything pulls together as a one single unit, a type of torque strength. Katas movements are different as in 1.move 2.chunck/tense. What I'm trying to get across is like doing a kata but with a constantant torque, as if trying to twist a wet towel to get the water out of it.

Torque strength staring from the wrist then adding the elbow, then adding the shoulder; utilizing the three circles independently or a focused joint(s) effort.

thanks for your input...good stuff..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: