Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Struggling_Mudansha
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:26 pm    Post subject: What on earth is happening to Shureido? Reply with quote

I put a KW-11 on back order a few months back. Waited for 3 months and then called them again to see what was up. They said something about a WKF tournament and that they wouldn't get any more gi's until the end of the summer.

Since my patience was pretty much out, I checked other dealers to see if they had any gi's in stock.

So far, these retailers have been clean out:

-Budo-Fight
-Discountmas
-Kamakaze
-Shureido Malaysia
-Shureido Okinawa in Naha City
-tozandoshop

Shureido USA does have some in stock but their not a size 4 and that's what I need.

This has gotten incredibly frustrating and I have to ask:

What on earth is happening to Shureido?

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Seido Juku

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a huge Shureido fan, but don't mistake that for making excuses for them...

They're not a mass production gi. They make quality stuff, and as far as I know most of it is by hand. With limited resources, they make what sells the most. Size 5 is by far their most popular size. If they're going to have to decide what to make, they've got to go with the highest demanded product. I'd be willing to bet the K-10 in size 5 is the overwhelming majority of their sales.

If Ford could only make 100 cars this month, what do you think they'd make, F-150s or Mustang Cobras?

Struggling_Mudansha
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JR 137 wrote:
I'm a huge Shureido fan, but don't mistake that for making excuses for them...

They're not a mass production gi. They make quality stuff, and as far as I know most of it is by hand. With limited resources, they make what sells the most. Size 5 is by far their most popular size. If they're going to have to decide what to make, they've got to go with the highest demanded product. I'd be willing to bet the K-10 in size 5 is the overwhelming majority of their sales.

If Ford could only make 100 cars this month, what do you think they'd make, F-150s or Mustang Cobras?

Yeah, I kind of got that impression talking to them (it's also one of the reasons why I really want one )

It's sounds to me like they allocated all of their resources to be the supplier of a WKF tournament. And since the factory is more hands on, it's backed them up half a year (maybe more).

Doesn't make the situation any less frustrating though 'cause I really want one.

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Seido Juku

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be pretty frustrated too.

Nidan Melbourne
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Styles: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, Balintawak Arnis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I know if Shureido they take the time to make sure all their gi's meet their stringent quality control. As they often try to go above and beyond what International Karate Organisations require of the gi's worn, along with ensuring the uniforms last more than 18 Months when worn and put through it's paces.

Like JR said that the one size seems to be the most common, which usually gets sold in Japan itself.

As such they have a tough decision to either Increase the Production Levels of the Gi but sacrifice quality. or Sacrifice Speed for Quality! Tough Decision.

Struggling_Mudansha
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gave Shureido USA a call a couple days ago. It sounds like they finally have new stock.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: