Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Himokiri Karate
Member of the Month
Member of the Month

Styles: Boxing, Korean Karate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
Himokiri Karate wrote:
sensei8 wrote:
Himokiri Karate wrote:
sensei8 wrote:
There's no one that I'd choose to train with because, before I can train with anyone, I first must be worthy, and I'm not worthy; and right now, I feel like I'm the furthest thing from being worthy!!

Why do you feel like you are not worthy?

Is it lack of technique or a physical prowess?

Neither!! It's a personal feeling, brought on through personal as well as professional loss!!

I cant say I know what you mean, but from reading your posts, you seem like a pragmatic person that takes a logical approach towards things.

Anyway, the reason I brought up technique and physical prowess was because, in some martial arts gyms/dojo/organizations, you have to prove yourself to the headmaster or the headmaster may just teach advance classes.

To the bold type above...

Currently, I'm the "headmaster"; I'm the Kaicho of the SKKA.

Now I am even more confused as to why you feel like you are not worthy but I wont press the matter. That being said, I discovered an obscure kung fu master who played in 90s martial arts action movie.

His name is Chin Kar-lok and in a movie called the scorpion king (1992) he showed AMAZING kung fu movement that left me speechless.

I tried to find information but his peak was from the early to mid 90s and not too much information, though I did find an interview about his training which he was an all around kung fu guy, though he favored the southern style.

I would post a link but I remember few rules in regards to posting videos which I have to check again when I have time.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himokiri Karate wrote:
sensei8 wrote:
Himokiri Karate wrote:
sensei8 wrote:
Himokiri Karate wrote:
sensei8 wrote:
There's no one that I'd choose to train with because, before I can train with anyone, I first must be worthy, and I'm not worthy; and right now, I feel like I'm the furthest thing from being worthy!!

Neither!! It's a personal feeling, brought on through personal as well as professional loss!!

I cant say I know what you mean, but from reading your posts, you seem like a pragmatic person that takes a logical approach towards things.

Anyway, the reason I brought up technique and physical prowess was because, in some martial arts gyms/dojo/organizations, you have to prove yourself to the headmaster or the headmaster may just teach advance classes.

Now I am even more confused as to why you feel like you are not worthy
but I wont press the matter. That being said, I discovered an obscure kung fu master who played in 90s martial arts action movie.

His name is Chin Kar-lok and in a movie called the scorpion king (1992) he showed AMAZING kung fu movement that left me speechless.

I tried to find information but his peak was from the early to mid 90s and not too much information, though I did find an interview about his training which he was an all around kung fu guy, though he favored the southern style.

I would post a link but I remember few rules in regards to posting videos which I have to check again when I have time.

Our Soke passed away in 2008 of natural causes.
Our Dai-Soke passed away in 2010 from two separate strokes.
Our Kancho and the 5 members of our Board of Regents passed away in 2016 from a head-on crash/accident.

These personal as well as professional losses have taken it's toll on me across the board. In that, I don't expect many to understand as to why I feel unworthy, and what I do feel is the furthest thing from self-pity, but it's more of a huge void embraces me daily.

Himokiri Karate
Member of the Month
Member of the Month

Styles: Boxing, Korean Karate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
Himokiri Karate wrote:
sensei8 wrote:
Himokiri Karate wrote:
sensei8 wrote:
Himokiri Karate wrote:
sensei8 wrote:

Now I am even more confused as to why you feel like you are not worthy
but I wont press the matter. That being said, I discovered an obscure kung fu master who played in 90s martial arts action movie.

Our Soke passed away in 2008 of natural causes.
Our Dai-Soke passed away in 2010 from two separate strokes.
Our Kancho and the 5 members of our Board of Regents passed away in 2016 from a head-on crash/accident.

These personal as well as professional losses have taken it's toll on me across the board. In that, I don't expect many to understand as to why I feel unworthy, and what I do feel is the furthest thing from self-pity, but it's more of a huge void embraces me daily.

Sorry to hear that, I assume you were close/reliant on the lost members. Hopefully you can recover and although I have no idea the structure of your style/dojo, hopefully there are some young talent that can help you fill the void.

bball197046
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would train with Andrea Harkins. She is very passionate about martial arts and life.

MatsuShinshii
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Machimura Suidi Rokudan, Ryukyu Kenpo, Kobudo, Judo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matsumura "Bushi" Sokon

strangepair03
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Okinawan Shorinji Ryu Karate-Do

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I could, I would have trained with Joen Nakazato of Shorinji Ryu.
But I do consider myself lucky that I have had the opportunity to have trained repeatedly with AJ Advincula Sensei and Walt Van Gilson Sensei. Both 1st generation students, so even though Shimabuku Sensei died the year I was born, I'm as close as possible to the source.

I'll take it!!!

mazzybear
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Wado Kai

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, being a Wado practitioner, I'd have to say Tatsuo Suzuki. My instructor often talks about the times he trained with him with great affection.

Mo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: