Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:05 am    Post subject: 10 Years as a Staff Member for tallgeese! Reply with quote

Hey all,

December 2 marks 10 years that Alex (tallgeese) has been a member of our staff at KarateForums.com.

There are many cool things about Alex, and I'd like to talk about a few of them today.

First, let's start with his contributions to KarateForums.com. He's up to exactly 6,800 posts now and there's a lot of wisdom there. I read a lot of posts, obviously, and we have so many posts that contain insightful martial arts wisdom. But there is something about Alex's posts that, even as a non-martial artist, I enjoy reading them.

I think his posts feature a mix of elements that, as a whole, represent what makes KarateForums.com great. These are:

1. Solid knowledge.
2. An ability to communicate that knowledge in a way that isn't self-serving.
3. A friendliness that encourages a response.
4. The opening for others to respond and, as such, the opening for growth, where his posts don't read as someone trying to be end the conversation or be definitive.
5. Comprehension of the posts he's responding to.

His posts are just really outstanding.

Next, I'd like to discuss Alex's contributions as a staff member. He's a really outstanding moderator. To become one of those, you really have to want to be one. It's easy to be a bad one, to try to moderate as an individual and apply guidelines in your own way, to miss details, to be sloppy. But Alex is a really strong moderator. His law enforcement background helps, but what also helps is that he cares. And it shows. A lack of caring leads to inconsistent decisions and cutting corners. Alex doesn't do that.

Finally, I'd like to highlight his journey since registering here in May of 2008. He touched on this recently, and I'd love for Alex to expand on that a bit here to refresh our memories, but he's really come a long way as a martial artist, especially in BJJ. Specifically, it's been amazing to watch him grow to the point where he felt comfortable to start his own school, Alpha BJJ, which has become a focal point in his life. That school didn't exist when he joined, and now it does.

Alex, thank you for your consistent, meaningful contributions to our community, as a member through your posts and on staff. Thank you for all of your support over the years, and for really believing in this community. I feel fortunate to have you.

As a small token of our appreciation for Alex, we have sent him a physical award, which he hopefully has received by the time he reads this post, pictured here:

Please join me in recognizing Alex, in honor of this milestone, with a reply to this thread!

Thanks,

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Alex, for reaching this near unparalleled KF Milestone!!

What Patrick has posted in his OP is the exclamation point in what you've contributed and achieved here at KF unselfishly these many, many years.

The respect I have for you, Alex, is immeasurable beyond words. Your unwavering devotion towards your family, friends, students, community, KF, the MA, as well as your law enforcement career, are incontestable.

The last KF LiveStream was, imho, one of your most definable moments. The manner of ease in which you handled each and every aspect throughout that event was seamless; with your engaging personality, no matter the topic. You've an penetrating intellect that's most inviting, which allows one to learn and relax in a welcoming atmosphere. Your professionalism is without any ambiguity whatsoever; in that, you've never expressed an outwardly judgment towards anyone here at KF.

You've mentored more here at KF than you might be ever willing to accept. However, as one here that can emphatically proclaim most sincerely just how much your mentoring means to me; I greatly appreciate your mentoring me all these many years.

For all that you mean to KF and its members, for all of your vastly contributions, through your being that proponent of contagious exuberance, and being that positive example...

THANK YOU, ALEX!!

Here's to another 10 years, God willing!!

Last edited by sensei8 on Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Seido Juku

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on the milestone, and thank you for everything you do here. Karateforums is a far better place because of everything you do.

singularity6
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Jidokwan Taekwondo and Hapkido, Yoshokai Aikido, ZNIR Iaido, Kendo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, and thank you for your service!

(Never officially tested in aikido, iaido or kendo)

Wastelander
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shorin-Ryu, Shuri-Ryu, Judo, KishimotoDi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, and thanks, Alex! You have definitely made a huge contribution to this forum, not just in content, but in the way you engage with members and staff
Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera
Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

tallgeese
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Bujin Bugei Jutsu, Gokei Ryu Kempo Jutsu, MMA, Shootfighting, boxing, kickboxing, JKD, Pekiti Tersia Kali

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for all the kind words, everyone. It is humbling to have members of this group chime in on this thread. Patrick, it is just great to be here and be able to help, in some small way, to the function of this community you've built. I really am at a loss for words. Thank you all.

Fat Cobra
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Ryukyu Kempo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Alex, great work.

Domo arigato gozaimasu!

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Alex, on this great milestone! You've always been a great contributor, and became an even greater moderator. Keep knockin' it out of the park, Alex!

MatsuShinshii
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Machimura Suidi Rokudan, Ryukyu Kenpo, Kobudo, Judo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conrats Tallgeese. Well deserved.

Bulltahr
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Shotokan, Seido Juku

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Tallgeese, I bet that 10 years has flown!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: