Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Prototype
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 4:49 am    Post subject: 14 vs 160Z, same modell boxing gloves Reply with quote

The 160z was too big for my hands, and I can't tie those particular models. Would a 140z from the same modell fit my hands better, or are they the exact same size inside?

Wado Heretic
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Wado-Ryu , Kobayashi Shorin-Ryu (Kodokan), RyuKyu Kobojutsu

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lighter weights are smaller than the heavier weight gloves. There is usually an inch worth of difference between the sizes. Going down a weight should result in a better fit.

What weight class are you, and your hand circumference without wraps? That can tell you the glove size you should have.

Prototype
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wado Heretic wrote:
The lighter weights are smaller than the heavier weight gloves. There is usually an inch worth of difference between the sizes. Going down a weight should result in a better fit.

What weight class are you, and your hand circumference without wraps? That can tell you the glove size you should have.

I'm 186 tall and weigh about 73 kg. I think my closed fist is small for my size. https://postimg.cc/image/p944aafil/b83c747b/

I can slink out of my Everlast 16Oz, with my lone arm.. They are way too big for me.

Prototype
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my 160z gloves that are way too big. Should I go down to 10s...? If I really want this modell to fit me? Maybe 14 Oz is still too big?

https://postimg.cc/image/w0ujcwc59/3b4179c7/

Wado Heretic
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Wado-Ryu , Kobayashi Shorin-Ryu (Kodokan), RyuKyu Kobojutsu

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would try and ask if someone will let you borrow a lighter glove before committing. However, I'd be fairly confident a 10oz would be too small, so if you had to get a size, I'd go no smaller than 12oz for a bag glove, and 14oz for a sparring glove.

Prototype
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wado Heretic wrote:
I would try and ask if someone will let you borrow a lighter glove before committing. However, I'd be fairly confident a 10oz would be too small, so if you had to get a size, I'd go no smaller than 12oz for a bag glove, and 14oz for a sparring glove.

14 Oz from a different brand fit perfectly. The question is.. Did it fit better due to the particular model/brand or because it was 14 Oz?

Can I take a bet and order a new pair of 14 Oz Everlasts or should I go down to 12s? What would you do?

Prototype
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll order 10oz and just use them on the heavy bag. They should fit and I won't get as tired quickly.

TJ-Jitsu
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Gracie Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you even wrapping your hands prior to putting on the gloves? With wraps, 16oz will fit the smallest of hands.

For bagwork I'd recommend 10-12 oz gloves, but you will need to wrap your hands. For sparring you'll need a pair of 16oz.

Prototype
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 10 oz did not fit my fingers and even when I stretched them enough, the circulation in my hand was still bad! I returned them and ordered a pair of 12 oz.

In the event of using wraps, I need leeway. I can't barely fit them without wraps.

kicking
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sizes and weights of gloves don't really correspond, Most often producers use the same gloves, but add the weight at the back of the hand or inside the wrist padding. For those with smaller hands I would suggest looking for Twins. They are a good quality brand from Thailand that fits smaller hands very well because it is made for Thai people.
Top Ten also produces boxing gloves for women. They have a tighter compartment and are very popular at boxing fight cards in Europe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: